Webster is accused of attacking a Metropolitan Police Department officer at the Capitol. The officer’s body camera footage shows Webster unleashing profanity-laden insults against the officer, then shoving a metal barrier into the officer and arming himself with a flagpole with a large Marine Corps flag attached, the FBI stated in court documents. Webster raised the flagpole above his head and then struck the metal barrier, before striking at the officer numerous times, the FBI stated, then Webster pinned the officer to the ground and tried to remove the officer’s face shield and gas mask. There is no account of Webster entering the Capitol building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Thomas
- Last Name(s): Webster
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-208
- Arrest Location: White Plains, NY
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 07/27/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/13/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Thomas Webster's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon; Civil Disorder; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Disorderly Conduct Within the Capitol Grounds or Buildings; Act of Physical Violence Within the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Arrested 2/22/21 in the Southern District of New York. Initial Appearance 2/23/2021 and ordered detained. Indicted 3/12. Webster was arraigned on 4/9/21 and pleaded not guilty to counts 1-7. Motion for release from custody granted 6/29. Status conference set for 8/31/21 at 2PM.
Channing D. Phillips
In the news
- Capitol rioter, an ex-NYPD cop, stunned he’s being held with ‘inner-city’ criminals
- Thomas Webster aka Eye Gouger cop nypd florida ny, assaulted with flagpole