There is no evidence of any violence committed by Carpenter. She is pictured inside the Capitol Rotunda holding what appears to be a tambourine. Carpenter stated she was trampled and pepper sprayed as she exited the Capitol building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Sara
- Last Name(s): Carpenter
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-305
- Arrest Location: Jamaica, NY
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 08/13/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Sara Carpenter's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority Disorderly or Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
Arrested 3/23/21. Initial appearance held on 3/29/21. Charged via criminal information on 4/15/21 and arraigned on 4/29 where she pleaded not guilty to all counts. Charged via superseding indictment on 6/16/21. Arraigned 7/7/21 where she pleaded not guilty to all counts. Defendant remains on personal recognizance. Status conference set for 9/8/21 at 11 am.
Trial Attorney, Detailee United States Attorney’s Office District of Columbia D.C. Bar No. 491879 555 4th Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20530 Telephone: (202) 355-5736 Email: [email protected]
- Carpenter Complaint
- Carpenter Information
- Carpenter Statement of Facts
- Carpenter Superseding Indictment
In the news
- Coming soon