Social media posts show Ms. Abual-Ragheb at the Capitol. It appears she attended the event on her own. There is no evidence she engaged in violent activity.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Rasha N.
- Last Name(s): Abual-Ragheb
- AKA: Rasha Abu
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-43
- Arrest Location: New Jersey, NJ
- Judge: Carl J. Nichols
- Entry Last Updated: 06/06/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/08/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Rasha N. Abual-Ragheb: Click here to help cover Rasha N.'s legal and living expenses
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 1/19/21 in the District of New Jersey. Initial appearance/detention hearing held on 1/25/21. Charged via criminal information 1/28/21 and arraigned on 2/22/21 where she pleaded not guilty to all counts. Defendant remains on personal recognizance bond. On 11/23, she was sentenced to 60 days home detention, 36 months probation, 60 hours of community service, and $500 restitution.
Michael Charles Liebman
Michael Charles Liebman, US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, 555 4th St, NW, Room 9106, Washington, DC 20530, (202) 252-7243, Fax: 202-353 9415, Email: [email protected], LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: Assistant US Attorney
Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
Abual-Ragheb is a single mother of 3 children. She suffered a mini-stroke on Jan. 19th and lost her job as a result of her arrest. She is working to overcome PTSD as a result of the government's intrusion into her home. Rasha Abualragheb c/o Patriot Mail Project PO Box 173 King NC 27021"
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- #3-Motion to Seal Case by USA
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- #5-MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- #8-INFORMATION as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- #10-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 1.25.2021 as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB.
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- #13-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB from US District Court for the District of New Jersey
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB.
- #17-Consent MOTION for Protective Order (amended) governing discovery by USA as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB.
- #18-PROTECTIVE ORDER
- #22-PLEA AGREEMENT as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB.
- #23-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- #24-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- Docket Download-6.6.21
- Docket Download-8.27.21
- #25-Unopposed MOTION to Continue sentencing by USA as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- #27-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- #28-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- #29-MOTION to File Under Seal by RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- #31-NOTICE of discovery by USA as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- #32-NOTICE of discovery by USA as to RASHA N. ABUAL-RAGHEB
- Updates to Docket-11.8.21
In the news
- Coming soon