Grillo allegedly entered the Capitol through a broken window holding a megaphone. He recorded himself inside the building using his cell phone. He and others in the crowd were in tight quarters with officers. However, it doesn’t appear that he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Philip Sean
- Last Name(s): Grillo
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-245
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 08/11/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Philip Sean Grillo's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Unlawful Entry on Restricted Buildings or Grounds; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds; Obstruction of Justice/Congress
Arrested 2/23 and initial appearance held 3/12. Defendant released on personal recognizance. Status hearing continued to 9/27 at 1 pm.
Christine Michelle Macey
Christine Michelle Macey US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 4th ST, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20530 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED- Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Information on Writing/Encouragement
Grillo belongs to the Knights of Columbus, St. Anne's Council #2429.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to PHILIP SEAN GRILLO
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to PHILIP SEAN GRILLO.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to PHILIP SEAN GRILLO
- #6-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to PHILIP SEAN GRILLO
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Michael Padden appearing for PHILIP SEAN GRILLO
- #8-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material-allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to PHILIP SEAN GRILL
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to PHILIP SEAN GRILLO
- #10-Unopposed MOTION to Continue AND TO EXCLUDE TIME UNDER THE SPEEDY TRIAL ACT by USA as to PHILIP SEAN GRILLO
- #12-ORDER granting 10 Motion to Continue Status Hearing and to Exclude Time as to PHILIP SEAN GRILLO
- #13-Joint MOTION to Continue JUNE 25, 2021 STATUS HEARING, Joint MOTION to Exclude TIME UNDER THE SPEEDY TRIAL ACT by USA as to PHILIP SEAN GRILLO
- #14-ORDER granting 13 Joint Motion by USA and Defendant PHILIP SEAN GRILLO to Continue
- #15-PRETRIAL MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY by USA as to PHILIP SEAN GRILLO
- #16-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure OF ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to PHILIP SEAN GRILLO
- #17-Joint MOTION to Continue AUGUST 10, 2021 STATUS HEARING, Joint MOTION to Exclude TIME UNDER THE SPEEDY TRIAL ACT by USA as to PHILIP SEAN GRILLO
- #18-ORDER Granting 17 Joint MOTION to Continue AUGUST 10, 2021 STATUS HEARING, Joint MOTION to Exclude TIME UNDER THE SPEEDY TRIAL ACT by PHILIP SEAN GRILLO
- Docket Download-7.7.21
In the news
- Coming soon