King was seen entering the building while filming with a cell phone. He and a friend walked through the Rotunda and then exited. He is accused of smoking marijuana in the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Patrick
- Last Name(s): King
- Case Number: 22-cr-00205
- Arrest Location: Mount Vernon, WA
- Judge: Timothy Kelly
- Entry Last Updated: 06/30/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/07/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Patrick King's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly a nd Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
King was arrested on 3/23/22. He appeared in court on 3/29 and was released on personal recognizance. On 6/28/22, he plead not guilty to all charges of the indictment. Plea agreement hearing held 02/17/2023, entered a plea of guilty as to Count 4. Sentencing held on 5/9/2023, sentenced to 36 months of Probation (with conditions). $10.00 Special Assessment and Restitution in the amount of $500.00. Counts 1, 2, and 3 were dismissed on oral motion by the government.
Matthew Moeder DOJ-USAO 400 E. 9th Street Suite 5510 Kansas City, MO 64106 816-426-3122 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Texas Bar No. 24105519 Assistant United States Attorney 601 D Street NW Washington D.C. 20001 Phone: (202) 815-8608 Email: [email protected]
- Brian Jones and Patrick King Docket Sheet as of 6/30/2023
- #1 -Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #6-Arrest Warrant, dated 3_15_2022, Returned Executed on 3_23_2022 as to PATRICK JOHN KING
- #8 Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to PATRICK JOHN KING from United States District Court Western District of Washington Case Number 2:22-mj-00113
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to PATRICK JOHN KING
- #14-Consent MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to BRIAN RAYMOND JONES, PATRICK JOHN KING
- #15-MOTION for Order TO DISCLOSE 6e MATERIALS by USA as to BRIAN RAYMOND JONES, PATRICK JOHN KING
- #16-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to BRIAN RAYMOND JONES
- #18-INFORMATION as to BRIAN RAYMOND JONES, PATRICK JOHN KING
- #28-Joint MOTION to Continue Plea Agreement Hearing by USA as to BRIAN RAYMOND JONES, PATRICK JOHN KING
- #33 PLEA AGREEMENT as to PATRICK JOHN KING
- #34 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to PATRICK JOHN KING
- #36 WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to PATRICK JOHN KING (2). Approved by Judge Timothy J. Kelly on 2/17/2023.
- #37-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Boylan, Eric added. Substituting for attorney Matthew Moeder
- #43 MOTION to Amend/Correct by PATRICK JOHN KING.
- #51 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to PATRICK JOHN KING
- #53 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by PATRICK JOHN KING
- #54 NOTICE of Filing Video Exhibits by USA as to PATRICK JOHN KING re  Sentencing Memorandum
- #58 JUDGMENT as to PATRICK JOHN KING. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge Timothy J. Kelly on 5/10/2023
In the news
- Coming soon