Sparks is pictured entering the Capitol Building through a broken window, one that he allegedly helped break with other individuals. Once inside, Sparks appears to be non-violent with Capitol Police Officers, and with other individuals as well.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Michael
- Last Name(s): Sparks
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-87
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Judge: Timothy Kelly
- Entry Last Updated: 07/22/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Michael Sparks's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Impeding Ingress and Egress in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (6) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (7) Impeding Passage Through the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (8) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (9)
Arrested 1/19/21 in the Western District of Kentucky. Indicted 2/5/21. Sparks pleaded not guilty to counts 1-9 of the indictmennt on 2/17/21. Defendant remains on personal recognizance. A superseding indictment was issued on 11/10/21. The next status conference is 8/5/22 at 2pm, virtually. Pretrial conference occurs on 12/14/22 at 2pm in Courtroom 11. Jury trial begins 1/9/23 at 9am in Courtroom 10.
Elizabeth C. Kelley US ATTORNEY"S OFFICE 555 FOURTH STREET, N.W., Washington, DC 20530 202 252 [email protected] TERMINATED ON 2/8/2 Designation: U S. Assistant Attorney
Hava Levinson Mirell
Hava Arin Levenson Mirell US Attorney's Office 312 N Spring St, #1200, Los Angeles, CA 90012 213 894 0717, [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
James B. Nelson
James B Nelson US ATTORNEY"S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth St, NW, Room 4112 Washington, DC 20001- 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Released with conditions.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-8.22.21
- #4-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #7-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Nelson
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #11-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Mirell, Hava Arin Levenson added
- #12-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Correspondence by USA as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #14-ORDER granting 13 Motion for Protective Order as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #17-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Letter by USA as to MICHAEL STEPAKOFF
- #18-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Letter by USA as to MICHAEL STEPAKOFF
- #19-Joint MOTION to Continue by MICHAEL STEPAKOFF
- #20-Joint MOTION to Continue to September 24, 2021 by MICHAEL STEPAKOFF
- #21-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memorandum by USA as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #22-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #25-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to MICHAEL SPARKS from US District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- #26-MOTION to Dismiss Count One and Two of the First Superseding Indictment by MICHAEL SPARKS
- #27-Joint PROPOSED BRIEFING SCHEDULE by USA as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #28-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memorandum by USA as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #29-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Emily W. Allen appearing for USA
- #30-RESPONSE by USA as to MICHAEL SPARKS re 26 MOTION to Dismiss Count One and Two of the First Superseding Indictment
- #32-SCHEDULING ORDER as to MICHAEL SPARKS
In the news
- Coming soon