Sparks is pictured entering the Capitol Building through a broken window, one that he allegedly helped break with other individuals. Once inside, Sparks appears to be non-violent with Capitol Police Officers, and with other individuals as well.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Michael
- Last Name(s): Sparks
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-87
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 07/22/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Michael Sparks's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds; Obstructing Law Enforcement
Arrested 1/19/21 in the Western District of Kentucky. Indicted 2/5/21. Sparks pleaded not guilty to counts 1-9 of the indictmennt on 2/17/21. Defendant remains on personal recognizance and has a status conference set for 9/8/21 at 2 pm.
Elizabeth C. Kelley US ATTORNEY"S OFFICE 555 FOURTH STREET, N.W., Washington, DC 20530 202 252 [email protected] TERMINATED ON 2/8/2 Designation: U S. Assistant Attorney
Hava Levinson Mirell
Hava Arin Levenson Mirell US Attorney's Office 312 N Spring St, #1200, Los Angeles, CA 90012 213 894 0717, [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
James B. Nelson
James B Nelson US ATTORNEY"S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth St, NW, Room 4112 Washington, DC 20001- 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Released with conditions.
- #4-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #7-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Nelson
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #11-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Mirell, Hava Arin Levenson added
- #12-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Correspondence by USA as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #14-ORDER granting 13 Motion for Protective Order as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to MICHAEL SPARKS
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- Docket Download-8.22.21
In the news
- Coming soon