McCormick is seen walking inside the Capitol Building with others the crowd as police appear to stand by without restraining them. He was there for exactly 15 minutes. It doesn’t appear McCormick engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Michael
- Last Name(s): McCormick
- Case Number: 21-cr-710
- Arrest Location: Orange, CA
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 06/23/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/20/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Michael McCormick's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
McCormick was arrested on 11/18/21. He appeared in court on 12/2 and was ordered released. He plead not guilty to all charges on 5/4/22. On 7/18/22, he plead guilty to count 4. Sentencing held on 12/20/2022, sentenced to 14 days of incarceration; No period of Supervised Release; Ten Dollars $10.00 Special Assessment and Restitution in the amount of $500.00. Oral motion by government to dismiss remaining counts; heard and granted.
Douglas Collyer DOJ-USAO Gateway Building 14 Durkee Street Room 340 Plattsburgh, NY 12901 (518) 314-7800 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- #1 McCormick Complaint
- #1 a) McCormick Statement of Facts
- #8 INFORMATION as to MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK
- #11-MOTION for Order to disclose 6(e) material by USA as to MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK
- #14-ORDER as to MICHAEL G. McCORMICK
- #15-ORDER as to MICHAEL G. McCORMICK
- #16-Joint MOTION to Continue status conference and toll speedy trial by USA as to MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK
- #21-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK
- #22-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK as to MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK
- #23 McCormick Plea Agreement
- #24-Consent MOTION to Continue Sentencing by USA as to MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK
- #26-MOTION for Leave to Appear by Telephone OR VIDEO TELECONFERENCE by MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK
- #29-RESPONSE by MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK TO PRESENTENCE REPORT
- #30-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK
- #33-Sentencing Memorandum by USA
- #34 NOTICE of filing of items incompatible with CM/ECF filing by USA as to MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK
- #36 NOTICE OF LETTER RE: SENTENCING by MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK
- #37 JUDGMENT as to MICHAEL G. MCCORMICK. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 1/12/2023.
In the news
- Coming soon