Eckerman appeared in social media photos and is also shown on Capitol surveillance.
He was yelling at officers along with the crowd as they pushed their way into the building. He doesn’t appear to have engaged in any violent activity.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Michael
- Last Name(s): Eckerman
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-602
- Arrest Location: Wichita, KS
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 09/21/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/06/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Michael Eckerman: Click here to help cover Michael's legal and living expenses
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Civil Disorder Obstruction of an Official Proceeding Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds Entering and Remaining on the Floor of Congress Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Eckerman was arrested on 9/20 and initially appeared in court on 9/24. He was released with conditions. The next hearing takes place 11/29.
Mona Furst DOJ-USAO Office of the United States Attorney 301 North Main Suite 1200 Wichita, KS 67052 316-269-6481 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released with conditions.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN (
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 9.20.2021 as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Richard Steven Stern appearing for MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #7-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of September 14, 2021 by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #9-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Correspondence by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #13-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- Docket Download-10.6.21
In the news
- Coming soon