Eckerman appeared in social media photos and is also shown on Capitol surveillance.
He was yelling at officers along with the crowd as they pushed their way into the building. He doesn’t appear to have engaged in any violent activity.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Michael
- Last Name(s): Eckerman
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-00623
- Arrest Location: Wichita, KS
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Judge: Christopher Cooper
- Entry Last Updated: 07/17/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/06/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Michael Eckerman: Click here to help cover Michael's legal and living expenses
Civil Disorder (1) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (6) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (7) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (8)
Eckerman was arrested on 9/20/21 and initially appeared in court on 9/24. He was released with conditions. The next status hearing is 7/14/22 at 3pm.
Mona Furst DOJ-USAO Office of the United States Attorney 301 North Main Suite 1200 Wichita, KS 67052 316-269-6481 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released with conditions.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-10.6.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN (
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 9.20.2021 as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Richard Steven Stern appearing for MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #7-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of September 14, 2021 by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #9-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Correspondence by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #13-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #14-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #15-INDICTMENT as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #17-NOTICE of Discovery Produced by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #19-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of November 5, 2021 by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #21-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #22- Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #23-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by MICHAEL ECKERMAN
- #24-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to MICHAEL ECKERMAN, KIRSTYN NIEMELA
In the news
- Coming soon