There is no account of violence on Mark’s behalf. He did, however, enter the Capitol building with a large crowd. There are pictures of him throughout the building on January 6th.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Mark
- Last Name(s): Simon
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-67
- Arrest Location: Huntington Beach , CA
- Judge: Amy Berman Jackson
- Entry Last Updated: 12/18/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/25/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Mark Simon's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building or Grounds (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Mark Simon was arrested on 1/28/21 and appeared in court the same day. He pleaded not guilty to all counts on 2/3. On 8/9, he entered a plea. On 12/7, he was sentenced to 35 days in prison as well as $500 restitution.
Brenda J. Johnson Assistant United States Attorney D.C. Bar No. 370737 555 4th Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20530 (202) 252-7801 [email protected]
Federal register number is 65409-060.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
Mark Simon's release date was 3/4/22
- Docket Download-8.22.21
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MARK SIMON
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MARK SIMON
- #7-Joint MOTION for Status Hearing by USA as to MARK SIMON
- #9-ORDER as to MARK SIMON
- #10-AMENDED ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MARK SIMON
- #11-Consent MOTION to Continue Status by MARK SIMON
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to MARK SIMON
- #13-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to MARK SIMON
- #14-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #15-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release- Defendant MARK SIMON placed on Personal Recognizance Bond
- #16-Arrest Warrant dated 1.21.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.3.2021 as to Defendant MARK SIMON.
- #18-United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to MARK SIMON
- #19-Joint MOTION to Continue STATUS CONFERENCE AND PLEA HEARING DATE by MARK SIMON
- #22-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to MARK SIMON
- #23-PLEA AGREEMENT as to MARK SIMON
- #24-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to MARK SIMON
- #25-United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of September 14, 2021, by USA as to MARK SIMON
- #26-MOTION for Order TO DISCLOSE ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to MARK SIMON
- #27-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to MARK SIMON
- #29-NOTICE Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to MARK SIMON
- #32-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to MARK SIMON
- #33-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by MARK SIMON
- #34-NOTICE of Exhibit by USA as to MARK SIMON
- #38-JUDGMENT as to MARK SIMON
In the news
- Coming soon