Leffingwell allegedly punched a police officer as he attempted push past the police barrier to enter the Capitol.
After he was arrested on the scene, he apologized to the officer while in custody.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Mark
- Last Name(s): Leffingwell
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-5
- Arrest Location: Washington, DC
- Judge: Amy Berman Jackson
- Entry Last Updated: 07/12/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 07/20/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Mark Leffingwell's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority (3) Assault on a federal law enforcement officer (2) Violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds (4)
Leffingwell as arrested on 1/7/21. He initially appeared in court the same day. Leffingwell plead not guilty to all counts twice. On 10/26/21, he plead guilty to count 2. On 2/10/22, Leffingwell was sentenced to 6 months incarceration with credit for time served, He was also sentenced to 24 months of supervised release, a $100.00 special assessment, and restitution in the amount of $2,000.00.
Christopher Berridge US ATTORNEY"S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 4th St NW, Washington DC 20001 202 252 [email protected], LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Mark Leffingwell's Mailing Address
Mark Jefferson Leffingwell-#24679-509
Federal Detention Center
PO BOX 13900
Seattle, WA 98198
His release date is 9/16/22.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-7.20.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to MARK LEFFINGWELL
- #3-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 1.7.2021 as to MARK LEFFINGWELL
- #5-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MARK LEFFINGWELL
- #6-INDICTMENT as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Mark John Carroll appearing for MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order of Discovery Materials (Revised) by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #15-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #19-NOTICE of Status of Discovery as of 8.23.21 by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #20-NOTICE of Status of Discovery as of 9.14.21 by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #21-Unopposed MOTION for Order to Disclose Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #22-NOTICE of Status of Discovery as of 10.21.21 by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #24-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #25-PLEA AGREEMENT as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #26-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #28-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Jennifer M Rozzoni appearing for USA
- #31-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #32-NOTICE of Filing of Items Incompatible with CM_ECF Filing by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #33-NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEARANCE by USA
- #34-Application for Access to Video Exhibits by PRESS COALITION as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #44-NOTICE Related to Public Release of Proposed Exhibits by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #45-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE James Pearce appearing for USA
- #46-NOTICE Second Supplemental Sentencing Notice Pursuant to February 3, 2022 Minute Order by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #47-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #50-RESPONSE to the Court's Inquiry regarding military disability compensation by MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #51-JUDGMENT as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
In the news
- Coming soon