Leffingwell allegedly punched a police officer as he attempted push past the police barrier to enter the Capitol.
After he was arrested on the scene, he apologized to the officer while in custody.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Mark
- Last Name(s): Leffingwell
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-5
- Arrest Location: Washington, DC
- Judge: Amy Berman Jackson
- Entry Last Updated: 07/30/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 07/20/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Mark Leffingwell's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority; assault on a federal law enforcement officer; and violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.
Leffingwell as arrested on 1/7/21. He initially appeared in court the same day. Leffingwell plead not guilty to all counts twice. His last status hearing was 9/8.
Christopher Berridge US ATTORNEY"S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 4th St NW, Washington DC 20001 202 252 [email protected], LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Mark Jefferson Leffingwell-#24679-509 FDC Seatac Federal Detention Center PO BOX 13900 Seattle, WA 98198
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to MARK LEFFINGWELL
- #3-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 1.7.2021 as to MARK LEFFINGWELL
- #5-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MARK LEFFINGWELL
- #6-INDICTMENT as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Mark John Carroll appearing for MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order of Discovery Materials (Revised) by USA as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- #15-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to MARK JEFFERSON LEFFINGWELL
- Docket Download-7.20.21
In the news
- Coming soon