Grods allegedly entered the Capitol with a large stick and pushed through the police line with others in the crowd, including the Oathkeepers. Parts of his complaint are sealed, so there is no photo evidence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Mark
- Last Name(s): Grods
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-437
- Judge: Amit Mehta
- Entry Last Updated: 07/12/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/26/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Mark Grods's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
CONSPIRACY TO DEFRAUD THE UNITED STATES; Conspiracy TAMPERING WITH A WITNESS, VICTIM OR INFORMANT; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting
Grods was arrested on 6/30/21. During a plea agreement hearing the same day, he plead guilty to counts 1 and 2. A joint status report is due on 10/28/22. There is no clear sentencing date at this time.
Troy A. Edwards, Jr.
Troy A. Edwards, Jr. US Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia 555 4th St, N.W. Washington, DC 20001 202 252 7081, Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: Assistant US Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED INFORMATION as to MARK GRODS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MARK GRODS
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MARK GRODS
- #5-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #6-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Brian Joseph Lockwood
- #7-PLEA AGREEMENT as to MARK GRODS
- #8-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to MARK GRODS
- #9-WAIVER OF INDICTMENT by MARK GRODS.
- #10-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to MARK GRODS
- #11-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MARK GRODS
- #12-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Brian Joseph Lockwood appearing for MARK GRODS
- #14-Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus by petitioner Mark Marvin
- #15-MOTION to Strike Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus by MARK GRODS
- #16-NOTICE of Joint Status Report by USA as to MARK GRODS
- #17-NOTICE of Joint Status Report by USA as to MARK GRODS
- #18-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to MARK GRODS
- #19-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Rule 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to MARK GRODS
- #20-ORDER granting 18 Motion for Protective Order as to MARK GRODS)
- #21-ORDER granting 19 Motion for Disclosure as to MARK GRODS
- #22-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Jeffrey S. Nestler appearing for USA
- #23-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Kathryn Leigh Rakoczy appearing for USA
- #24-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Louis J. Manzo appearing for USA
- #25-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Ahmed Muktadir Baset appearing for USA
- #26-Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to MARK GRODS
In the news
- Coming soon