Castro and others entered the building through a broken window. She is seen on video walking and documenting the event. At one point, she left the building because she was sprayed with pepper spray.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Mariposa
- Last Name(s): Castro
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-299
- Arrest Location: San Jose , CA
- Entry Last Updated: 08/13/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Mariposa Castro's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 1/21/21. Initial appearance held on 2/16/21. Charged via criminal information on 4/13/21. Arraigned 4/28/21 where she pleaded not guilty to all counts. Defendant remains on personal recognizance. Status hearing set for 9/1/21 at 10 am.
Frances Elizabeth Blake
Frances Elizabeth Blake US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, 1701 W Highway 83, #600, McAllen, TX 78572, 956 618 8010, [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Information on Writing/Encouragement
She owns a yoga studio and tea lounge in Gilroy, CA.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to MARIPOSA CASTRO
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MARIPOSA CASTRO
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MARIPOSA CASTRO
- #7-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to MARIPOSA CASTRO from U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California (San Jose)
- #8-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.21.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.16.2021 as to Defendant MARIPOSA CASTRO
- #9-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Blake, Frances Elizabeth added. (Blake, Frances)
- #13-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release- Defendant MARIPOSA CASTRO placed on Personal Recognizance Bond signed by Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather
- #14-ORDER as to MARIPOSA CASTRO. Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to MARIPOSA CASTRO
- #16-NOTICE of Discovery Correspondence by USA as to MARIPOSA CASTRO
- #17-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to MARIPOSA CASTRO
- #18-NOTICE of Discovery Letter by USA as to MARIPOSA CASTRO
- #20-ORDER as to MARIPOSA CASTRO
- #21-NOTICE of Waiver of Speedy Trial by MARIPOSA CASTRO
- #22-ORDER as to MARIPOSA CASTRO
- Docket Download-6.14.21
In the news
- Coming soon