Bender (pictured right) made statements on social media saying he was present at the Capitol on Jan 6th. There is no evidence he engaged in violence. Bender walked onto the Senate floor, looked at items others held, and appeared to join other men who were praying.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Luke
- Last Name(s): Bender
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-508
- Arrest Location: Fairfax, VA
- Judge: Beryl Howell
- Entry Last Updated: 07/11/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/16/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Luke Bender's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
TAMPERING WITH A WITNESS, VICTIM OR INFORMANT; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Entering and Remaining on the Floor of Congress (4) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (5) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (6)
Bender was arrested on 7/29/21. He appeared in court on 7/30 and was released. On 8/16, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. His last status conference was on 6/24/22. Pretrial motions are due on 9/2/22. A pre-trial conference takes place on 12/2. Jury Selection begins on 1/9/23 at 9am.
Lucy Sun DOJ-USAO 595 Main Street Worcester, MA 01608 508-368-0103 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Jordan Andrew Konig
Jordan Andrew Konig U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE Civil Trial Section - Northern Region P.O. Box 55 Ben Franklin Station Washington, DC 20044 (202) 305-7917 Email: [email protected] ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released under High Intensity Supervision Program (HISP.)
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-11.16.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 7.29.2021 in Fairfax, VA as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER.
- #6-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #7-INDICTMENT as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #10-STANDING ORDER
- #12-MOTION to Review Detention Order by LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #16-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #17-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #18-NOTICE of Filing Attachment A by LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #19-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #20-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure Items Protected By FRCP 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #22-NOTICE of Filing of Discovery Status Memoranda by USA as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #24-NOTICE - United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of November 5, 2021 by USA as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #27-NOTICE-United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #28-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #29-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by Dwight Crawley. by LUKE WESSLEY BENDER_
- #30-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #31-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #32-Joint MOTION to Modify Court Order, Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, Joint MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #33-MOTION for Joinder by USA as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #34-Memorandum in Opposition by LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #35-MOTION to Amend_Correct  Order Setting Conditions of Release, by LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
- #36-REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by USA as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER re 33 MOTION for Joinder
- #37-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL
- #38-Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER, LANDON BRYCE MITCHELL
- #39-Unopposed MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by LANDON BRYCE MITCHELL as to LUKE WESSLEY BENDER
In the news
- Coming soon