Lonnie Coffman encountered police near his parked truck in downtown DC. They were allegedly responding to threats outside the National Republican Club and Democratic National Committee Headquarters when they searched his pickup truck and found unregistered firearms.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Lonnie Leroy
- Last Name(s): Coffman
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-4
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 08/13/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/28/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support Lonnie Leroy Coffman: Click here to help cover Lonnie Leroy's legal and living expenses
UNLAWFUL TO RECEIVE A FIREARM NOT REGISTERED; Possession of an Unregistered Firearm (1) FIREARMS, UNLAWFUL POSSESSION; Carrying a Pistol Without a License (Outside Home or Place of Business) (2) FIREARMS, UNLAWFUL POSSESSION; Carrying a Pistol Without a License (Outside Home or Place of Business) (3-4) FIREARMS, UNLAWFUL POSSESSION; Carrying a Rifle or Shotgun (Outside Home or Place of Business) (5-6) FEDERAL STATUTES, OTHER; Possession of a Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device (7) FEDERAL STATUTES, OTHER; Possession of an Unregistered Firearm (8-12) FEDERAL STATUTES, OTHER; Unlawful Possession of Ammunition (13-17)
Arrested on 1/7/21. Initial appearance on 1/7/21. Detained. Detention/Preliminary Hearing held 1/12/21. Indicted on 1/11/21. Arraigned and pleaded not guilty to all count on 1/12/21. On 11/12, he pleaded guilty to counts 1 and 2. Sentencing is set for 4/1/22.
Michael Justin Friedman
Michael Justin Friedman U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 (202) 252-6765 Fax: (202) 252-7792 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Lonnie Coffman Inmate#24695-509 United States Penitentiary P.O. Box 1000 Lewisburg PA 17837
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-COMPLAINT as to LONNIE LEROY COFFMAN
- #7-ORDER as to LONNIE LEROY COFFMAN
- #8-ORDER OF DETENTION PENDING TRIAL - Defendant Held Without Bond as to LONNIE LEROY COFFMAN
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to LONNIE LEROY COFFMAN
- #14-PROTECTIVE ORDER. Signed by Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly
- #19-MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER as to LONNIE LEROY COFFMAN. Signed by Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly
- Docket Download-6.15.21
- #20-Consent MOTION for Extension of Time to File by LONNIE LEROY COFFMAN.
- #21-NOTICE by USA as to LONNIE LEROY COFFMAN
- #22-PLEA AGREEMENT as to LONNIE LEROY COFFMAN
- #23-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to LONNIE LEROY COFFMAN
- Updates to Docket-11.28.21
In the news