Dropkin was present at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He was in the building for approximately 40 minutes, and followed the crowd as he filmed and photographed the events from his cell phone. It doesn’t appear he engaged in any violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Lawrence
- Last Name(s): Dropkin
- Case Number: 21-cr-00734
- Arrest Location: Newark, NJ
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Judge: James Boasberg
- Entry Last Updated: 12/21/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/22/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Lawrence Dropkin's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Dropkin was arrested on 10/1/21. He appeared in court on 10/7. Dropkin waived his right to a preliminary hearing and was released on a personal recognizance bond. Dropkin plead guilty to counts 1-4 on 7/12/22. On 10/7, he was sentenced to 30 days of imprisonment, a year of supervised release, a special assessment totaling $70, and restitution in the amount of $500.
Christopher Amore DOJ-USAO District of New Jersey 970 Broad Street Ste 700 Newark, NJ 07102 973-645-2757 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Lawrence Dropkin, Jr.'s Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-11.22.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN JR
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 10.1.2021 as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond
- #8-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #9-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #10-Unopposed MOTION to Continue and to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #12-Amended MOTION to Continue and to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #13-INFORMATION as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #15-Order Granting Unopposed Motion to Continue
- #16-NOTICE of Filing of Discovery Status Memos by USA as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #17-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #18-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #22-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #25- ENTERED IN ERROR.SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #26-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
- #30-JUDGMENT as to LAWRENCE DROPKIN, JR
In the news
- Coming soon