Portlock appears in video footage at the US Capitol. He allegedly pushed open a barricade along with others in the crowd. It is possible he used a piece of plywood to shield himself from police outside the Capitol. He passed fallen police shields to others in the group who were at the front of the line.
At one point, another protester was experiencing a medical emergency and Portlock moved him into the police line, pleading for officers to help him.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Joshua
- Last Name(s): Portlock
- Case Number: 22-cr-00067
- Arrest Location: Smyrna, TN
- Judge: Zia Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 05/28/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 12/02/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Joshua Portlock's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assaulting, Resisting or Impeding Certain Officers (1) Civil Disorder (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (6) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (7)
Portlock was arrested on 11/3/21. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1/3/22.
Benjamin Edward Kringer DOJ-USAO United States Attorney's Office 555 4th Street NW Washington, DC 20001 202-256-2397 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance, including home detention and location monitoring.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-12.2.21
- #1-Criminal Complaint
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JOSHUA JOHN PORTLOCK
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JOSHUA JOHN PORTLOCK
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 10.28.2021, Returned Executed in Smyrna, TN on 11.3.2021 as to JOSHUA JOHN PORTLOCK
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond
- #8-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JOSHUA JOHN PORTLOCK from US District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- #10-MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to JOSHUA JOHN PORTLOCK_
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JOSHUA JOHN PORTLOCK
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Protected Materials by USA as to JOSHUA JOHN PORTLOCK
- #14-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to JOSHUA JOHN PORTLOCK
- #15-INDICTMENT as to JOSHUA JOHN PORTLOCK
- #17-NOTICE of Filing Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to JOSHUA JOHN PORTLOCK
In the news
- Coming soon