Reporter and syndicated talk show host Owen Shroyer stood on the Capitol steps with his team.
He is seen on video motioning protesters to move away from police and go to another permitted area to assemble peacefully.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jonathon Owen
- Last Name(s): Shroyer
- AKA: JONATHAN OWEN SHROYER, Owen Shroyer
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-00542
- Arrest Location: San Antonio, TX
- Judge: Timothy Kelly
- Entry Last Updated: 06/14/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/12/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Jonathon Owen Shroyer: Click here to help cover Jonathon Owen's legal and living expenses
18 U.S.C. 1752(a)(1); TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) 18 U.S.C. 1752(a)(2); TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) 40 U.S.C. 5104(e)(2)(D); VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) 40 U.S.C. 5104(e)(2)(E); VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Obstruct or Impede Passage Through or Within Capitol Grounds (4)
Shroyer was arrested on 8/23/21. Shroyer plead not guilty to all counts on 10/15/21. Remains on personal recognizance. His next status conference and motion hearing takes place on 8/1 at 4pm.
Thomas G. Strong DOJ-USAO 555 4th Street NW Washington, DC 20530 (202) 252-7063 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Troy Edwards, Jr.
Troy A. Edwards , Jr U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 4th Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 202-252-7081 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
Shroyer has almost met his fundraising goal for legal defense.
- Docket Download-10.12.21
- #1-COMPLAINT as to JONATHON OWEN SHROYER
- #3-ADDENDUM ORDER- as to JONATHON OWEN SHROYER
- #4-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #5-INFORMATION as to JONATHON OWEN SHROYER
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #8-First Motion to Dismiss Charges
- #9-Notice of Substitution of Counsel
- #11-Memorandum in Opposition
- #13-Rule 5c3 Documents
- #15-Order Granting Motion
- #16-Notice Regarding Status of Discovery
- #18-Notice Regarding Status of Discovery
- #19-Motion to Continue
- #22-Consent Motion to Continue
- #23-Second MOTION to Dismiss Count 1-4 by JONATHON OWEN SHROYER
- #25-Unopposed MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response_Reply as to  Second MOTION to Dismiss Count 1-4 by USA as to JONATHON OWEN SHROYER
- #26-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to JONATHON OWEN SHROYER re 23 Second MOTION to Dismiss Count 1-4
In the news
- Coming soon