After assisting with security at the Stop the Steal Rally, Watkins entered the Capitol with other Oathkeepers in a stack formation (keeping their hands on each other’s backs.) The group walked through the rotunda and to the hallway connecting the Senate chambers before retreating after a chemical spray was deployed.
The government is accusing Watkins of conspiring to overthrow the government since she as a private citizen recruited others to join the Oathkeepers and come to the Capitol on Jan. 6th. She was involved in online communications where others allegedly transported weapons to DC.
After the event, she sent a private message to a group member stating others in the group were going “off the grid” to the Kentucky mountains.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jessica
- Last Name(s): Watkins
- Case Number: Case 2- 22-cr-0015
- Arrest Location: Dayton, OH
- Judge: Amit Mehta
- Entry Last Updated: 10/05/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support Jessica Watkins: Click here to help cover Jessica's legal and living expenses
Seditious Conspiracy (1) Conspiracy to Disrupt an Official Proceeding (2) Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (3) Conspiracy to Prevent an Officer From Discharging any Duties (4) Destruction of Government Property and Aiding and Abetting (5) Civil Disorder and Aiding and Abetting (6)
Watkins was indicted in this case on 1/12/22. During a remote arraignment on 1/25, she plead not guilty to all charges. Her trial for the second case began on 9/27.
Kathryn Leigh Rakoczy US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Jeffrey Nestler U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 Fourth Street NW Washington, DC 20530 202-252-7277 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Alexandra Stalimene Hughes
Alexandra Stalimene Hughes DOJ-nsd 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20004 202 353 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Troy Edwards, Jr.
Troy A Edwards, Jr. US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Louis J. Manzo DOJ-CRM 1400 New York Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20002 202 616 2706, [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED. Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Jessica Watkins Inmate #376520 Correctional Treatment Facility-DC CTF 1901 D Street, SE Washington, DC 20003
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Indictment as to Rhodes et al
- SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to ELMER STEWART RHODES, III , KELLY MEGGS, KENNETH HARRELSON, JESSICA WATKINS
- #44-STATUS REPORT REGARDING DISCOVERY by USA as to ELMER STEWART RHODES, III, KELLY MEGGS, KENNETH HARRELSON, JESSICA WATKINS, JOSHUA JAMES, ROBERTO A. MINUTA,
- #67-RESPONSE by USA as to ELMER STEWART RHODES, III, KELLY MEGGS, KENNETH HARRELSON, JESSICA WATKINS, JOSHUA JAMES, ROBERTO A. MINUTA, JOSEPH HACKETT, DAVID M
- #68-ORDER denying 65 Motion to Continue Deadline for Filing Rule 12(b) Motions and denying 66 Motion to Continue Trial. See the attached Order for additional details
- #120-RESPONSE by USA as to ELMER STEWART RHODES, III, KELLY MEGGS, KENNETH HARRELSON, JESSICA WATKINS, JOSHUA JAMES, ROBERTO A. MINUTA, JOSEPH HACKETT, DAVID MOERSCHEL, B
- #237-ORDER granting 235 Motion for Order to Unseal for Limited Purpose of Creating a Transcript
In the news
- Coming soon