According to his Statements of Facts, admitted to being at the Capitol, and inside the Capitol
building on January 6, 2021. He said he did not go to commit violence, but believed it
would be like the protests in Wisconsin a few years ago, i.e., peaceful protests. Vorous also said that he believes someone had an agenda and got people to do things they had no intention of
doing otherwise trying to make them look like terrorists.
Vorous said that, at some point, he was inside a big crowd, but still outside the building.
He admitted to yelling to those in front of him to push forward towards the Capitol
building. Vorous said that people behind him were pushing into him causing him to get stuck in the middle and that he was fearful of getting hurt. Once inside, Vorous posted a couple pictures of himself inside the US Capitol to his Facebook page, with comments such as, “We in dis mofo”.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jeremy
- Last Name(s): Vorous
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-294
- Arrest Location: Venango, PA
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Judge: Rudolph Contreras
- Entry Last Updated: 05/05/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 05/05/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jeremy Vorous's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds Obstruction of any Official Proceeding
Vorous was arrested in Pennsylvania on 3/26/21 and had his initial appearance the same morning. Indicted 4/9/21 and pleaded not guilty to all counts on 4/20/21. On 4/28/22, ordered that the status conference currently scheduled for April 29, 20022 be vacated and rescheduled to June 27, 2022 at 2:00pm before Judge Rudolph Contreras.
James Dennis Peterson
James Dennis Peterson DOJ-CRM 1331 F Street, 6th Floor Washington, DC 20530 202 230 0693 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
- Jeremy Vorous Docket Sheet as of 05/05/2022
- Statement of Facts
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to JEREMY J. VOROUS
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to JEREMY J. VOROUS
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 03.26.2021 in Venango, PA as to JEREMY J. VOROUS
- #8-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JEREMY J. VOROUS
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JEREMY J. VOROUS
- #14-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as defendant JEREMY J. VOROU
- #15-Consent MOTION to Continue by Government by USA as to JEREMY J. VOROUS
- #17-NOTICE by Government Memo Re Status of Discovery by USA as to JEREMY J. VOROUS
- #19-Second STATUS REPORT by Government Memo Re Status of Discovery by USA as to JEREMY J. VOROUS
- #20-Third STATUS REPORT by Government Memo Re Status of Discovery by USA as to JEREMY J. VOROUS
- #21-Supplemental STATUS REPORT by Government Memo Re Status of Discovery by USA as to JEREMY J. VOROUS
- #22-Consent MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time under STA by USA as to JEREMY J. VOROUS
In the news