Social media and video posts show Hiles inside of the Capitol, narrating the events that occurred. He states he didn’t see vandalism or violence inside of the building. When “the crowd pushed [him] to the top of the steps,” he entered the building and wanted to leave.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Jacob
- Last Name(s): Hiles
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-155
- Arrest Location: Norfolk, VA
- Judge: Amy Berman Jackson
- Entry Last Updated: 07/16/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/26/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Jacob Hiles's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Hiles was arrested 1/19/21. He plead guilty to all counts. In a subsequent plea agreement on 9/9/21, he plead guilty to count 4. On 12/6/21, he was sentenced to 24 months probation, 60 hours of community service, and $500 restitution. On 3/7/23, Hiles was ordered released from probation after 18 months of it were completed.
Mary Lyle Dohrrman
Mary Lyle Dohrmann US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 4TH STREET, N.W., WASHIGNTON, DC 20530 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Jacob Hiles's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-COMPLAINT as to JACOB HILES
- #4-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.15.2021, Returned Executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 1.22.2021 as to Defendant JACOB HILES
- #5-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JACOB HILES
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Charles R. Haskell appearing for JACOB HILES
- #7-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Alexander H. Bell
- #9-INFORMATION as to JACOB HILES
- #10-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Marshall Ellis Filing fee $ 100, receipt number ADCDC-8398938
- #11-ORDER as to JACOB HILES
- #13-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by USA as to JACOB HILES
- #14-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to JACOB HILES from US District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- #15-NOTICE of Appearance for Attorney Alexander Harkness Bell by JACOB HILES
- #16-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by USA as to JACOB HILES
- #17-NOTICE of Proposed Order Protective Order Governing Discovery by JACOB HILES
- #18-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to JACOB HILES. See order for details. Signed by Judge Amy Berman Jackson
- #20-NOTICE of Discovery by USA as to JACOB HILES
- #22-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to JACOB HILES
- #23-PLEA AGREEMENT as to JACOB HILES
- #24-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to JACOB HILES.
- #25-NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of July 2021 by USA as to JACOB HILES
- #26-NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of August 23, 2021 by USA as to JACOB HILES
- #27-NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of September 14, 2021 by USA as to JACOB HILES
- #29-NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of October 21, 2021 by USA as to JACOB HILES
- #31-NOTICE of Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of November 5, 2021 by USA as to JACOB HILES
- #45-JUDGMENT as to JACOB HILES
- #49-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Howland, Christopher R. added
- #50-MOTION for Early Termination of Probation_Supervised Release by JACOB HILES
- #51-RESPONSE by USA as to JACOB HILES re 50 MOTION for Early Termination of Probation_Supervised Release
In the news
- Coming soon