Giustino posted on social media how police were spraying tear gas at people near him outside. Surveillance shows he walked into the rotunda of the Capitol with others and walked out. There is no evidence showing he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Frank
- Last Name(s): Giustino
- Case Number: 1:22-mj-0002
- Arrest Location: Long Island, NY
- Judge: Zia Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 04/24/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/24/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Frank Giustino's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
18 U.S.C. § 1752(a)(1)- Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) 18 U.S.C. § 1752(a)(2)- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) 40 U.S.C. § 5104(e)(2)(D)- Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) 40 U.S.C. § 5104(e)(2)(G)- Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Giustino was arrested on 1/11/21. He initially appeared in court on 1/13/22. He was released on personal recognizance on 01/13/22. Status Hearing continued to 5/10/2022 at 01:00 PM in Telephonic/VTC before Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather.
Douglas Collyer DOJ-USAO Gateway Building 14 Durkee St. Room 340 Plattsburgh, NY 12901 518 314 7818 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Frank Rocco Giustino Docket Sheet as of 04/24/2022
- #1-Criminal Complaint
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to FRANK ROCCO GIUSTINO
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 1_3_2022, Returned Executed on 1_11_2022 as to FRANK ROCCO GIUSTINO_
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Evan Sugar appearing for FRANK ROCCO GIUSTINO (Main Document 7 replaced on 1_13_2022) (zltp)_
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to FRANK ROCCO GIUSTINO (1) Appearance Bond
- #10-Joint MOTION to Continue status conference and toll speedy trial by USA as to FRANK ROCCO GIUSTINO_
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order with respect to discovery by USA as to FRANK ROCCO GIUSTINO_
- #16- Joint MOTION to Continue status conference, Joint MOTION to Exclude speedy trial by USA as to FRANK ROCCO GIUSTINO_
In the news
- Coming soon