John Pierce of Pierce Bainbridge, the law firm representing seventeen January 6 protesters has finally recovered after an 12 day stint in the hospital.
The media spread endless conspiracy theories about Pierce and his firm, while he was ill and unable to defend himself.
The statement from Pierce reads as follows in full:
On Sunday, September 5, 2021, I was released from an LA-area hospital following a 12-day stay. I was not “missing” or anything of the sort. I am greatly appreciative of the many expressions of prayer and support. And I am deeply grateful for the amazing care I received from the doctors, nurses, and staff who cared for me. While I am doing very well, my doctor has advised that I not resume a full-time schedule until Monday, September 13th, as my recuperation continues this week. Next week, I expect to be fully operational.
While I respect every American’s choice in the matter, I have not taken any vaccination for COVID-19, nor do I plan to do so.
Thank you. And God Bless!
Reports from multiple outlets had claimed that Pierce was “unresponsive” and on a respirator, with Newsweek even going so far as to use a photo of a random person to imply it was him.
“This whole thing is just beyond ridiculous at this point,” John Pierce tweeted on July 28. “Take your mask off and live your life.” https://t.co/yqj2nuhu4L
— Newsweek (@Newsweek) August 26, 2021
It is unclear if these reports were malicious or if the reporters actually misunderstood people being unable to reach him as him being “unresponsive” medically.
The Hill reported, federal prosecutors in a court filing said Pierce was “reportedly ill with COVID-19, on a ventilator, and unresponsive.”
“Unfortunately, it seems that Mr. Pierce may be hospitalized and unable to communicate, and it is unclear when Mr. Pierce will recover,” prosecutors wrote in the filing, scaring many of his clients.
Pierce is now recovering at home and said that he feels great.