Gerwatowksi is accused of entering the Capitol Building with others and yelling “Let’s go!”
He doesn’t appear to act violently, and gave an interview outside with a member of the media.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Eric
- Last Name(s): Gerwatowski
- Case Number: 22-cr-00125
- Arrest Location: New Hyde Park, NY
- Judge: Jia Cobb
- Entry Last Updated: 09/18/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Eric Gerwatowski's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (4) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (5)
Gerwatowski was arrested on 2/8/22. and ordered released. Indictment issued 4/13. During an arraignment on 4/19, he plead not guilty to all counts. His last status hearing was on 8/15. The next status conference is on 10/18 at 11 30 am.
Amanda Jawad DOJ-USAO 211 W. Fort Street Suite 2001 Detroit, MI 48226 (313) 226-9116 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- Gerwatowki Complaint
- Gerwatowski Statement of Facts
- INFORMATION as to ERIC GERWATOWSKI
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 2_2_2022, Returned Executed on 2_8_2022 as to ERIC GERWATOWSKI
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Bruce Barket appearing for ERIC GERWATOWSKI
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ERIC GERWATOWSKI
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to ERIC GERWATOWSKI
- #12-ORDER_ granting  Unopposed Motion for an Order to Disclose Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e)
- #13-ORDER granting  Unopposed Motion for Protective Order
- #14-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Huynh, Joseph Hong added
- #16-Joint MOTION to Continue Status Conference, Joint MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to ERIC GERWATOWSKI
- #17-ORDER as to ERIC GERWATOWSKI
- #18-Joint MOTION to Continue the Status Hearing
In the news
- Coming soon