Hazard allegedly posted videos showing himself at the Capitol. He also appeared in a video taken by the Washington Post. He and others in the crowd yelled at police officers from a distance.
Hazard entered the building and assisted someone in rinsing out his eyes with water. Then he briefly entered the Senate.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Donald
- Last Name(s): Hazard
- Case Number: 1:22-cr-117
- Arrest Location: Hurst, TX
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Judge: John D Bates
- Judge: Randolph Moss
- Entry Last Updated: 04/16/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/16/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Donald Hazard's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers, Inflicting Bodily Injury (1) Civil Disorder (2) Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (3) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds, Resulting in Significant Bodily Injury (4) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds, Resulting in Significant Bodily Injury (5) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds, Resulting in Significant Bodily Injury (6) Entering and Remaining in Certain Rooms of the Capitol Building (7) Disorderly Conduct in the Capitol Building (8) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Building (9) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in the Capitol Building (10)
Hazard was arrested on 12/7/21 and indicted on 4/1/22. Status Conference set for 5/20/2022 at 09:30 AM in Courtroom 8- In Person before Judge Randolph D. Moss. Remains detained.
Jennifer Rozzoni DOJ-USAO Lrm- Lee, Edmund PO BOX 607 Albuquerque, NM 87102 505 224 1460 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Benet Kearney DOJ-USAO One St. Andrew's Plaza NY, NY 10007 212 637 2260 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED DESIGNATION: US Assistant Attorney
Donald Hazard-#942354 Central Virginia Regional Jail 13021 James Madison Highway Orange, VA 22960
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Donald Hazard Docket Sheet as of 04/21/2022
- Docket Download-4.16.22
- #1-Criminal Complaint
- #16-INDICTMENT as to DONALD HAZARD
- #18-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #19-NOTICE of Related Cases by USA as to DONALD HAZARD
- #20-REPLY by DONALD HAZARD
- #21-Case as to DONALD HAZARD directly reassigned to Judge Randolph D. Moss as there is an earlier related case
In the news
- Coming soon