Herrington allegedly threw lumber and a metal barricade in the direction of law enforcement. It doesn’t appear anyone was struck. He was detained by police after he was found on the scene with a knife protruding through his pocket.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Dillon Colby
- Last Name(s): Herrington
- Case Number: 21-mj-465
- Arrest Location: Madison, AL
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 07/26/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/27/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Dillon Colby Herrington's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted grounds without lawful authority. Disorderly or disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds. Knowingly engage in any physical violence against any person or property in a restricted building. Willingly and knowingly engage in an act of physical violence in the grounds of the Capitol building. Commit or attempt any act to impede or obstruct or interfere with law enforcement in the lawful performance of his official duties. Forcibly assault, resist, opposes impede, intimidate, or interfere.
Herrington was arrested on 6/8/21 and appeared in court the same day. A preliminary hearing took place on 9/17 at 1pm.
Brittany LaShuane Reed US Attorney's Office 600 Poydras Street, #1600 New Orleans, LA 70130 504 680 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DILLON COLBY HERRINGTON
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DILLON COLBY HERRINGTON
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DILLON COLBY HERRINGTON
- #5-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to DILLON COLBY HERRINGTON
- #7-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 6.8.2021 as to DILLON COLBY HERRINGTON
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DILLON COLBY HERRINGTON
- #9- NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #10-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Heath M. Lynch
- #13-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #14-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Preliminary Hearing, Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to DILLON COLBY HERRINGTON
- #16-ORDER granting 14 Motion to Continue Preliminary Hearing as to DILLON COLBY HERRINGTON
- #17-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Mikayla S. Hamilton
- #19-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Mikayla Hamilton appearing for DILLON COLBY HERRINGTON
- Docket Download-8.27.21
In the news
- Coming soon