Neely supposedly entered the Capitol with a marijuana cigarette and a cell phone. He says he was filming the events inside because they were newsworthy. He discussed them on his radio show with Global Enlightenment Radio Network the next day.
The government alleges Neely took plates from the Capitol building, as well as a Capitol police jacket, badge, and baseball cap as a souvenir.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Darrell
- Last Name(s): Neely
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-642
- Arrest Location: Washington, DC
- Judge: John Bates
- Entry Last Updated: 04/18/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/18/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Darrell Neely's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
PUBLIC MONEY, PROPERTY OR RECORDS; Theft of Government Property. (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Enter and Remaining in a Restricted Building. (2) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building. (3) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building. (4) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building. (5)
Neely was arrested on 10/18 and appeared in court the same day. On 10/21/21, Conditions of Release were set (personal recognizance). He pleaded not guilty to all counts on 11/2/21. Status Conference set for 4/19/2022 at 10:00 AM in Telephonic/VTC before Judge John D. Bates.
Laura Elizabeth Hill
Laura Elizabeth Hill DOJ-CIV 175 N Street, NE Room 9.1811 Washington, DC 20002 202-598-3962 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Darrell Neely Docket Sheet as of 04/18/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DARRELL NEELY (
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DARRELL NEELY
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DARRELL NEELY
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 9.30.2021, Returned Executed on 10.18.2021 as to DARRELL NEELY
- #6-ORDER FOR RELEASE as to DARRELL NEELY
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DARRELL NEELY
- #9-INFORMATION as to DARRELL NEELY
- #11-MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DARRELL NEELY
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to DARRELL NEELY
- #14-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling sensitive material
- #15-ORDER directing defendant to resolve outstanding warrants
- #17-NOTICE by USA as to DARRELL NEELY
- #18-Joint MOTION to Continue the January 11, 2021 status conference by DARRELL NEELY
In the news
- Coming soon