Caldwell sprayed approximately 15 police officers outside the Capitol grounds after officers sprayed the crowd.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Daniel
- Last Name(s): Caldwell
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-181
- Judge: Colleen Kollar-Kotelly
- Entry Last Updated: 08/16/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 06/13/2021
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Daniel Caldwell's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Caldwell was arrested on 2/10/21. During an arraignment on 4/17, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. The last status conference was set for 8/26.
James Dennis Peterson
James Dennis Peterson DOJ CRM, 331 F St, 6th Floor, Washington 202 230 0693, [email protected] Lead Attorney, Attorney to be Noticed US Assistant Attorney
Puja Bhatia USDOJ-USAO 555 Fourth St, NW ,Suite Office 9439 Washington, DC 20530 202 809 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Daniel Caldwell Inmate #376977 Correctional Treatment Facility-DC-CTF 1901 D St. S.E. Washington, DC 20003
Information on Writing/Encouragement
Caldwell is a veteran and has missed several healthcare appointments since his arrest. He is the father of a teenager. *Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #5-INDICTMENT as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #7-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice John Hunter Smith Filing fee $ 100, receipt number ADCDC-8331608
- #8-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL from US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas Sherman Division
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE James Dennis Peterson appearing for USA
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #13-MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention by USA as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #14-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #15-UNOPPOSED MOTION to Continue and to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-John Hunter Smith appearing for DANIEL RAY CALDWEL
- #17-NOTICE To Seek Review Of Detention Order by DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #18-NOTICE OF DISCOVERY by USA as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #19-MOTION for Disclosure OF GRAND JURY MATERIALS by USA as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #20-ORDER granting 19 Motion for Disclosure as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #21-APPEAL OF MAGISTRATE JUDGE DECISION to District Court by DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #22-MEMORANUM in Opposition from Magistrate Judge Decision as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #25-MEMORANDUM OPINION as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL accompanying 24 ORDER
- #26-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by John Hunter Smith. by DANIEL RAY CALDWEL
- #27-First MOTION to Continue Plea Deadline by DANIEL RAY CALDWELL.
- #28-Second MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney John Hunter Smith and Patrick J. McLain by John Hunter Smith and Patrick J. McLain. by DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #29-STATUS REPORT by Government by USA as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #30-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #31-ORDER as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- #32-Consent MOTION to Continue by Government by USA as to DANIEL RAY CALDWELL
- Docket Download-6.13.21
In the news
- Coming soon