Social media photos and posts show Phipps was present at the Capitol on Jan. 6th.
He was walking with an American flag over his shoulder and shared his opinions on the Internet. No evidence suggests he engaged in violent actions.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Daniel
- Last Name(s): Phipps
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-44
- Arrest Location: Corpus Christi, TX
- Judge: Carl Nichols
- Entry Last Updated: 02/21/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/17/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Daniel Phipps: Click here to help cover Daniel's legal and living expenses
Assaulting, Resisting or Impeding Certain Officers (1) Civil Disorder (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds or in a Capitol Building (5) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (6)
Daniel Phipps was arrested on 1/26. He pleaded not guilty to all counts on 4/27. On 02/13/2021, he was released on personal recognizance. He entered a plea of not guilty to all counts on 2/19/21, 4/27/21, and on 2/2/2022 (doc #26 - 2nd Superseding Indictment). A jury trial is scheduled to begin 8/11/23 at 9am in Courtroom 17.
William L. Shipley
Michael Charles Liebman
Michael Charles Liebman US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, 555 Fourth Street, NW, Room 9106 Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7243-FAX 202 353 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Daniel D. Phipps Docket Sheet as of 04/17/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DANIEL D PHIPPS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DANIEL D PHIPPS.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DANIEL D PHIPPS
- #5-INFORMATION as to DANIEL D. PHIPPS
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DANIEL D. PHIPPS
- #10-MEMORANDUM in Support of Pretrial Detention by USA as to DOMINIC PEZZOLA
- #11-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.19.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.9.2021 as to Defendant DANIEL D. PHIPPS
- #12-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to DANIEL DINK PHIPPS
- #16-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order governing discovery by USA as to DANIEL DINK PHIPPS
- #19-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order governing discovery by USA as to DANIEL DINK PHIPPS.
- #20-ORDER granting 19 Motion for Protective Order as to DANIEL DINK PHIPPS
- #22-Consent MOTION to Vacate and reschedule status hearing by USA as to DANIEL DINK PHIPPS
- #23-NOTICE of discovery by USA as to DANIEL DINK PHIPPS
- #24-NOTICE of discovery by USA as to DANIEL DINK PHIPPS
- #26-SECOND SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to DANIEL DINK PHIPPS
- #29-NOTICE of status of discovery by USA as to DANIEL DINK PHIPPS
- #31-Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing by DANIEL DINK PHIPPS
- #34 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL Attorney Akpan, Ubong E. added.
- #37 Unopposed MOTION to Continue /Advance Status Conference by DANIEL DINK PHIPPS.
- #39 Consent MOTION to Continue status conference by USA as to DANIEL DINK PHIPPS.
- #41 ORDER MODIFYING CONDITIONS OF RELEASE as to DANIEL DINK PHIPPS. Signed by Judge Carl J. Nichols on 10/28/2022.
- #42 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: William Lee Shipley, Jr appearing for DANIEL DINK PHIPPS
- #43 MOTION to Continue Status Conference by DANIEL DINK PHIPPS.
- #44 MOTION to Continue Status Conference by DANIEL DINK PHIPPS.
In the news
- Coming soon