Brannan is seen walking inside the Capitol taking pictures with a cell phone. There is no evidence he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Cory
- Last Name(s): Brannan
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-637
- Arrest Location: Midland, TX
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 11/30/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/17/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Cory Brannan's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Brannan was arrested on 9/7/21 and appeared in court on 9/13. He was released on Personal Recognizance on 09/13/2021. During an arraignment on 11/1/21, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. On 6/10/22, he entered a plea of guilty as to count 4. Sentencing held on 9/23/2022, sentenced to 30 days of incarceration, 24 months of Supervised Release; Special Assessment of $100.00 and Restitution in the amount of 500.00. An oral motion by government to dismiss all remaining counts was heard and granted.
John J. Velasquez
April Holly Ayres-Perez
April Holly Ayers-Perez U.S. ATTORNEYS OFFICE Southern District of Texas 11204 McPherson Road Suite 100a Laredo, TX 78045 956-723-6523 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Cory Ray Brannan Docket Sheet as of 04/17/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 9.7.2021 as to CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE John J. Velasquez Appearing for Cory Brannan
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #9-INFORMATION as to CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to CORY RAY BRANNAN.
- #13-ORDER granting unopposed 12 Motion for Protective Order as to CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #14-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Status Update by USA as to CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #15-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Status Update by USA as to CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #17-NOTICE of Filing United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #19-MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #20- ORDER GrantingDefendant's 19 Motion to Modify Conditions of Release
- #21-AMENDED ORDER as to CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #22 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Conference Hearing by CORY RAY BRANNAN.
- #26 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and CORY RAY BRANNAN as to CORY RAY BRANNAN.
- #27 PLEA AGREEMENT as to CORY RAY BRANNAN.
- #28 WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to CORY RAY BRANNAN. signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 06/10/2022.
- #30 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #33 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to CORY RAY BRANNAN
- #33 a) Appendix
- #35 JUDGMENT as to CORY RAY BRANNAN. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 10/3/2022
In the news
- Coming soon