Meteer entered the Capitol with a homemade sign. He walked through the hallway with statues toward the house chamber, then exited the building. Meteer did not engage in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Clifford
- Last Name(s): Meteer
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-360
- Arrest Location: Knoxville, TN
- Judge: Zia Faruqui
- Judge: Carl J. Nichols
- Entry Last Updated: 11/30/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/16/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Clifford Meteer's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Entering and Remaining on the Floor of Congress (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Clifford Meteer was arrested on 8/10/21. He appeared in court on 8/17. Conditions of bond were set on 08/17/2021. He entered a plea of not guilty as to all counts on 10/26/21. On 1/13/22, he entered a plea of guilty as to count 4 Sentencing held on 4/21/2022 before Judge Carl J. Nichols. He was sentenced to Sixty (60) Days of Incarceration followed by Thirty-Six (36) Months of Probation and ordered to pay Restitution of $500 and a Special Assessment of $10.
Anthony L. Franks DOJ-USAO Lrm Hurst, Julie 111 S. 10th Street Rm. 20.333 St. Louis, MO 63102 314-539-2200 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Clifford James Meteer Docket Sheet as of 04/16/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 8.10.21 in Knoxville, TN as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER.10
- #6-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER from US District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond- Defendant CLIFFORD JAMES METEER placed on Personal Recognizance Bond signed by Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather
- #10-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #12-PROTECTIVE ORDER GOVERNING DISCOVERY
- #13-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of July 16, 2021 by USA as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEE
- #14-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of August 23, 2021 by USA as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #16- NOTICE of Filing Discovery Correspondence by USA as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #17-INFORMATION as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #19-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Ben Sharp appearing for CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #24-PLEA AGREEMENT as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #26-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #30-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #31-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER
- #31 a) Supplement
- #35 MOTION to Dismiss Count One, Two, And Three of Information by USA as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER.
- #36 ORDER granting 35 Motion to Dismiss Count(s) 1-3 as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER (1). Signed by Judge Carl J. Nichols on 4/22/2022.
- #37 JUDGMENT as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge Carl J. Nichols on 4/22/2022
- #40 Probation Jurisdiction Transferred to United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee as to CLIFFORD JAMES METEER Transmitted Transfer of Jurisdiction form, with certified copies of indictment, judgment and docket sheet. Ordered by Judge Carl J. Nichols on 4/22/2022.
In the news
- Coming soon