An FBI informant saw several Facebook chats from Kelly indicating he was at the Capitol on Jan. 6th.
The government alleges that because he texted remarks before the event, including “I’ll be with ex NYPD and some proud boys. This will be the most historic event of my life,” and “F___ these snakes. This is our house!,” he had a motive to disrupt government proceedings.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Christopher
- Last Name(s): Kelly
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-128
- Arrest Location: New York, NY
- Judge: Zia Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 04/15/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/15/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Christopher Kelly's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (1) Aiding and Abetting (2) Unlawful Entry to Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct (4)
Kelly was arrested on 1/20/21 and initially appeared in court on 2/9. He was released on personal recognizance. On 06/01/2021, a Motion submitted by USA to dismiss the case was granted by Judge Zia M. Faruqui.
Tejpal Singh Chawla US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 Fourth ST, N.W., Washington, DC-20530 202 252 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Christopher M. Kelly's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Christopher M. Kelly Docket Sheet as of 04/15/2022
- Docket Download-7.15.21
- #1-COMPLAINT as to CHRISTOPHER M. KELLY
- #3-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Edward B. MacMaho
- #5-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to CHRISTOPHER M. KELLY
- #6-Arrest Warrant, dated 1.20.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 2.9.2021 as to Defendant CHRISTOPHER M. KELLY.
- #8-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to CHRISTOPHER M. KELLY
- #11-ORDER Granting 10 Unopposed MOTION to Continue by USA as to CHRISTOPHER M. KELLY
- #12-MOTION to Continue Status Hearing and Preliminary Hearing by CHRISTOPHER M. KELLY.
- #13-ORDER granting 12 Motion to Continue Status Preliminary Hearing as to CHRISTOPHER M. KELLY
- #15-ORDER granting 14 Motion to Dismiss Complaint as to CHRISTOPHER M. KELLY
- Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to CHRISTOPHER M. KELLY
- Unopposed MOTION to Dismiss Case by USA as to CHRISTOPHER M. KELLY
In the news
- Coming soon