Video and social media posts confirm Kulas was present at the Capitol on Jan.6th,
He walked the grounds and chanted with the crowd. However, there is no evidence that Kulas engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Christian
- Last Name(s): Kulas
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-00397
- Arrest Location: Kenilworth, IL
- Judge: Thomas Hogan
- Entry Last Updated: 05/03/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/14/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Christian Kulas's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Unlawful Entry on Restricted Building and Grounds Disorderly Conduct on U.S. Capitol Grounds.
Kulas was arrested on 6/8 and appeared in court the same day. Placed on "Standard Conditions of Release" on 06/22/2021. During a 6/22 arraignment, he pleaded not guilty to all accounts. Plea Agreement Hearing held on 12/6/2021. Plea of GUILTY entered on Count 3. REFERRAL TO PROBATION OFFICE for Presentence Investigation. On 4/26/23, Kulas was sentenced to 6 months probation and ordered to pay a special assessment of $10 and restitution in the amount of $500.
Michael Justin Friedman US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 555 FOURTH ST, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 6765- FAX 202 252 7792 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Christian Kulas's Mailing Address
NA-Released on conditions
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Christian Kulas Docket Sheet as of 04/14/2022
- Docket Download-7.16.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #5-INFORMATION as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Darryl Goldberg appearing for CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #9-MEMORANDUM Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #10-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #11-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material- allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to CHRISTIAN KULAS.
- #12-Consent MOTION to Continue hearing by CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #13-MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Rachel Cannon
- #14-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 6.8.2021 as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #15-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Rachel Cannon appearing for CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #16-MOTION to Substitute Attorney Darryl Goldberg by CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #18-NOTICE (MEMORANDUM REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY
- #21-STATUS REPORT by USA as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #22-STATUS REPORT by USA as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #24- NOTICE of waiver of conflict of interest by CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #26-PLEA AGREEMENT as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #27-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #28-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #29-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #32-Unopposed MOTION to Continue by USA as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #35-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #36-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #38-NOTICE Regarding Filing of Video Exhibit L by CHRISTIAN KULAS re  Sentencing Memorandum
- #39-SUPPLEMENT by CHRISTIAN KULAS re  Sentencing Memorandum, Additional Character Letters
- #41-NOTICE Parties' Joint Notice Regarding Sentencing Proceedings on April 26, 2022 by CHRISTIAN KULAS re  Sentencing Memorandum
- #43-NOTICE Defendant Christian Kulas' Unopposed Motion for Return of Passport by CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #44-MOTION for Return of Passport by CHRISTIAN KULAS
- #46-JUDGMENT as to CHRISTIAN KULAS
In the news
- Coming soon