A Capitol security camera located above the West Stairs Door captured Cavanaugh
entering the building on the first floor, at approximately 2:54 pm on January 6th. He exits the building around 3:07. There is no detail of any violence committed by Cavanaugh.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Brandon
- Last Name(s): Cavanaugh
- Case Number: 23-cr-00040
- Arrest Location: Huntington Beach, CA
- Judge: Moxila A. Upadhyaya
- Judge: Trevor McFadden
- Entry Last Updated: 03/29/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/28/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Brandon Cavanaugh 's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (1)
Arrested 8/25/22. Released on personal recognizance on 9/8/22. Indicted 2/6/23. On 2/23/23, he plead guilty to count 1. Sentencing is set for 4/7/23 at 2pm virtually.
Joseph H. Huynh
D.C. Bar No. 495403 Assistant United States Attorney (Detailed) 405 East 8th Avenue, Suite 2400 Eugene, Oregon 97401-2708 phone- (541) 465-6771 email- [email protected]
- #1 Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #5 Arrest Warrant, dated 8/16/2022, Returned Executed on 8/25/2022 as to BRANDON CAVANAUGH
- #6 Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to BRANDON CAVANAUGH from United States District Court for the Central District of California (Southern Division) Case Number 8:22-mj-00591
- #9 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to BRANDON CAVANAUGH (1) Personal Recognizance. Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 09/08/2022.
- #10 MOTION for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Nathan Gjesdal Filing fee $ 100, receipt number ADCDC-9619551. Fee Status: Fee Paid. by BRANDON CAVANAUGH.
- #11 NOTICE of Filing by BRANDON CAVANAUGH
- #12 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to BRANDON CAVANAUGH.
- #13 PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to BRANDON CAVANAUGH (1). Signed by Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya on 11/4/2022
- #14 ORDER granting  Motion for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice Counsel should register for e-filing via PACER and file a notice of appearance pursuant to LCrR 44.5(a). Click for instructions as to BRANDON CAVANAUGH (1). Signed by Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya on 11/4/2022
- #15 Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, Joint MOTION to Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to BRANDON CAVANAUGH.
- #16 ORDER granting  Motion to Continue Status Hearing and Exclude Time as to BRANDON CAVANAUGH. The time between 11/15/2022 and 2/14/2023 shall be excluded from calculation under the Speedy Trial Act. Set/Reset Hearings as to BRANDON CAVANAUGH: Status hearing continued to 2/14/2023 at 1:00 PM in Telephonic/VTC before Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya. Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 11/14/2022
- INFORMATION as to BRANDON CAVANAUGH
- #19-STANDING ORDER Establishing Procedures for Misdemeanor Cases Before Judge Trevor N. McFadden as to BRANDON CAVANAUGH
- #20-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to BRANDON CAVANAUGH
In the news
- Coming soon