Santillan is seen on video entering the building. While inside, he spoke on a cell phone and allegedly shouted along with the crowd. He did not engage in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Blas
- Last Name(s): Santillan
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-559
- Arrest Location: Clayton, GA
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 08/30/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/11/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Blas Santillan's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
18 U.S.C. § 1752(a)(1) - Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority, 18 U.S.C. § 1752(a)(2) - Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds, 40 U.S.C. § 5104(e)(2)(D) - Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds, 40 U.S.C. § 5104(e)(2)(G) - Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building.
Santillan was arrested on 8/23/21. A preliminary hearing is set for 11/1.
Christopher Amore DOJ-USAO District of New Jersey 970 Broad Street Ste 700 Newark, NJ 07102 973-645-2757 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to BLAS SANTILLAN
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 8.23.2021 as to BLAS SANTILLAN
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to BLAS SANTILLAN
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to BLAS SANTILLAN
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to BLAS SANTILLAN
- Docket Download-10.11.21
In the news
- Coming soon