MacCracken allegedly punched DC Metro Police Officer J.G. in the face. J.G. reported a cut under his right eye but did not seek further medical attention.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Avery
- Last Name(s): Macracken
- Case Number: 22-cr-00010
- Arrest Location: Norwood, CO
- Judge: Richard Leon
- Entry Last Updated: 08/07/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/15/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Avery Macracken's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Civil Disorder (1) Inflicting Bodily Injury on Certain Officers (2) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers (3) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (6) Act of Physical Violence on Capitol Grounds (7)
MacCracken was arrested on 12/11/21 and indicted 1/12/22. On 5/9/22, he was released from custody and placed on conditions of released (doc #23) that included restrictions from travel outside a handful of Colorado counties, among other restrictions. He remains on personal recognizance. A plea agreement hearing is pending and TBD.
Brian Keith Morgan
Brian Keith Morgan USAO-DC 601 D Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 [email protected] 202 305 3717
Assistant United States Attorney Detailed to the District of Columbia TN Bar No. 33004 167 North Main Street, Suite 800Memphis, TN 38103 email- [email protected] phone- (901) 218-5438
- #1 MacCracken Complaint
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #11-INDICTMENT as to AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN
- #13 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN.
- #13 a) Protective Order
- #14 ORDER: Upon consideration of the parties'  Unopposed Motion for Protective Order as to AVERY MACCRACKEN, it is hereby ORDERED that the motion is GRANTED. SEE ORDER FOR DETAILS. It is further ORDERED that, pursuant to Paragraph 13 of the Protective Order, defense counsel shall obtain a fully executed copy of Attachment A as to defendant MacCracken and submit that copy to the Court within one month of its execution. SO ORDERED. Signed by Judge Richard J. Leon on 1/28/2022
- #16 NOTICE REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY AS OF FEBRUARY 9, 2022 by USA as to AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN
- #17 Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN
- #18 MOTION Transfer back to District of Colorado by AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN.
- #18 a) Exhibit
- #19 ORDER as to AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN (1). Upon consideration of defendant's  Motion for Transfer to the District of Colorado, as well as the existing Order of Judge Faruqui in this case ordering that the defendant remain detained in Colorado pending further Order of the Court, it is hereby ORDERED that the motion is GRANTED. See attached Order for details. SO ORDERED. Signed by Judge Richard J. Leon on 3/29/2022
- #20 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Brian Keith Morgan appearing for USA.
- #21 NOTICE of Filing of Letter by USA as to AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN
- #21 a) Letter
- #22 Joint MOTION for Bond by AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN.
- #22 a) Exhibit
- #23 ORDER. Upon consideration of the parties'  Joint Motion for Bond, it is hereby ORDERED that the motion is GRANTED. It is further ORDERED that (1) defendant MacCracken shall be released from custody on May 9, 2022 and shall immediately upon his release abide by the conditions set forth in the attached Order Setting Conditions of Release; (2) defendant MacCracken shall report to the U.S. Probation Office for the District of Colorado as directed in the attached Order; (3) the Probation Office for the District of Colorado shall, at its initial meeting with defendant MacCracken or as soon as feasible thereafter, provide him with a copy of the Order Setting Conditions of Release; and (4) defendant MacCracken shall, at the initial meeting with the Probation Office for the District of Colorado, sign the Order Setting Conditions of Release and provide the signed copy to the Probation Office for the District of Colorado.
- #26 MOTION to Continue by AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN.
- #28 MOTION to Continue status conference by AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN.
- #31 Unopposed MOTION to Continue hearing scheduled for December 12, 2022 by USA as to AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN.
- #32 NOTICE Regarding Sentencing Memorandum by USA as to AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN
- #34-Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN
- #35-MOTION to Dismiss Count Two without prejudice by USA as to AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN
- #36-Joint STATUS REPORT and request for a plea hearing by USA as to AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN
- #39-MOTION to Continue by AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN
- #40-Consent MOTION for Hearing by USA as to AVERY CARTER MACCRACKEN
In the news
- Coming soon