Photo and video footage confirmed Moat was present at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. After entering, he doesn’t appear to have engaged in further activity, including any actions of a violent nature.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Anthony
- Last Name(s): Moat
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-375
- Arrest Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Judge: Tanya Chutkan
- Entry Last Updated: 03/20/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/08/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Anthony Moat's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) (Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct and Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Moat self-surrendered on 4/9/21 and appeared in court the same morning. Released on personal recognizance on 04/23/2021. He pleaded not guilty to all counts during an arraignment on 6/4/21. Entered a plea of guilty as to count 4 on 10/28/22. On 1/27/23, Moat was sentenced to 10 days in prison, $500 restitution, and a $10 special assessment.
Graciela Rodriguez Lindberg
Graciela Rodriguez Lindberg UNITED STATES ATTORNEY'S OFFICE-Laredo Division, Southern District of Texas 11204 McPherson Rd, Ste 100A Laredo, TX 78045-956 723 [email protected] ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant US Attorney
Trial Attorney, Department of Justice D.C Bar #: 1674360 1301 New York Ave. N.W., Suite 800 Washington, DC 20005 phone- (202) 834-1916 email- [email protected]
Anthony Richard Moat's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Anthony Richard Moat Docket Sheet as of 04/08/2022
- Docket Download-7.26.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 4.9.2021 in Philadelphia, PA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #6-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT from US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #10-INFORMATION as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #15-Order Granting the government's 13 unopposed motion for a protective order
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #18-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of August 23, 2021 by USA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #20-NOTICE OF DISCOVERY MEMORANDUM by USA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #22-NOTICE REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY by USA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #23-NOTICE REGARDING STATUS OF DISCOVERY by USA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #26-Notice Regarding Status of Discovery as to Anthony Richard Moat
- #29 Joint MOTION for Order for Proposed Pretrial Conference Order by USA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT.
- #31 Joint MOTION for Order for proposed pretrial conference dates by USA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT.
- #32 PRETRIAL ORDER
- #33 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Brian Daniel Brady appearing for USA.
- #34 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Brady, Brian Daniel added.
- #35 Joint MOTION for Hearing for Plea by ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT.
- #36 Joint MOTION to Strike by USA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT.
- #39 WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT. Approved by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 10/28/2022.
- #40 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA and ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT.
- #41 PLEA AGREEMENT as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT.
- #44 RESPONSE by ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT re 41 Plea Agreement
- #47-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #48-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #50-SUPPLEMENTAL 47 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #51-NOTICE OF FILING TRIAL EXHIBITS INTRODUCED INTO EVIDENCE at Sentencing by USA as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
- #52-JUDGMENT as to ANTHONY RICHARD MOAT
In the news
- Coming soon