Photos confirmed Puma was present at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He told police he went as a spectator to hear President Trump’s speech. Puma noticed the Capitol was open and went in. He didn’t see anything of concern, but as conflict escalated, he began videotaping it.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Anthony
- Last Name(s): Puma
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-454
- Arrest Location: Brownstown, MI
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Judge: Paul Friedman
- Entry Last Updated: 03/20/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/08/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Anthony Puma's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (1) Knowingly Engaging in Disorderly or Disruptive Conduct in or within such proximity to, any Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Obstruction of Justice/Congress (3) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds (4)
Puma was arrested on 5/27/21 and appeared in court on 6/2. He was released on personal recognizance 6/2/21. He plead not guilty to all counts on 8/3/21. On 8/30/22, he entered a plea of guilty as to Count 1 of the indictment filed on 7/7/2021. Sentencing is scheduled for 3/21/23 at 3:00 p.m. in Courtroom 29 in the William B. Bryant Annex to the E. Barrett Prettyman Courthouse at 333 Constitution Avenue N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001.
Amy Elizabeth Larson
Amy Elizabeth Larson UNITED STATES ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 4th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 252 7863 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
D.C. Bar No. 986769 Trial Attorney United States Department of Justice, Criminal Division Detailed to the D.C. United States Attorney’s Office 601 D Street NW Washington, D.C. 20530 Phone-(202)-598-2337 [email protected]
Anthony Michael Puma's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Anthony Michael Puma Docket Sheet as of 04/08/2022
- Docket Download-8.5.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to ANTHONY MICHAEL PUMA
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ANTHONY MICHAEL PUMA
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to ANTHONY MICHAEL PUMA
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 5.27.2021 Brownstown, MI as to ANTHONY MICHAEL PUMA
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ANTHONY MICHAEL PUMA
- #8-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to ANTHONY MICHAEL PUMA
- #9-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material
- #10-NOTICE OF PRELIMINARY DISCOVERY PRODUCTION 1 by USA as to ANTHONY MICHAEL PUMA
- #15-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery by USA as to ANTHONY PUMA
- #20-MOTION to Dismiss Count Counts One, Two, and Three of the Indictment by ANTHONY PUMA
- #21-STATUS REPORT as to Discovery by USA as to ANTHONY PUMA
- #22-NOTICE OF PRELIMINARY DISCOVERY PRODUCTION 3 by USA as to ANTHONY PUMA
- #23-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to ANTHONY PUMA re 20 MOTION to Dismiss Count Counts One, Two, and Three of the Indictment
- #24-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE James Pearce appearing for USA
- #25-REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by ANTHONY PUMA
- #26-Unopposed MOTION for Leave to File Supplemental Brief in Support of Defendant's Motion to Dismiss by ANTHONY PUMA
- #27-ORDER granting Mr. Puma's 26 Unopposed Motion for Leave to Submit Supplemental Brief in Support of Defendant's Motion to Dismiss
- #28-Supplement by ANTHONY PUMA
- #29-Unopposed Motion for Leave to File
- #30-Memorandum in Opposition by USA
- #32-Notice of Attorney Appearance
- #33-Notice of Attorney Appearance
- #34-Notice of Recent Authority
- #35-Notice of Memorandum
- #36-Notice of Additional Authority to Supporting Mr. Puma's Authority to Dismiss Counts
- #37-Opinion and Order
- #38-Joint Status Report
- #40 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Valentini, Francesco added.
- #42 Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, Joint MOTION for Hearing (Plea), Joint MOTION for Speedy Trial Exclusion of Time by USA as to ANTHONY PUMA
- #43 Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure OF ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to ANTHONY PUMA.
- #44 ORDER as to ANTHONY PUMA granting 43 Unopposed Motion for an Order to Disclose Items Protected by Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e) and Sealed Materials. Signed by Judge Paul L. Friedman on August 18, 2022.
- #45 NOTICE OF PRELIMINARY DISCOVERY PRODUCTION 4 by USA as to ANTHONY PUMA
- #45 a) (Discovery Letter)
- #47 PLEA AGREEMENT as to ANTHONY PUMA.
- #48 STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by ANTHONY PUMA.
- #49 WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to ANTHONY PUMA. (Approved by Judge Paul L. Friedman on 8/30/2022).
- #51 Unopposed MOTION for Extension of Time to File Sentencing Memorandum, Unopposed MOTION to Continue Sentencing by USA as to ANTHONY PUMA.
- #54-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by ANTHONY PUMA
- #55-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to ANTHONY PUMA
- #56-NOTICE of Filing of Video Exhibits by USA as to ANTHONY PUMA re  Sentencing Memorandum
- #57-MOTION for Access to Video Exhibits by PRESS COALITION as to ANTHONY PUMA
- #58-NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEARANCE by USA as to ANTHONY PUMA
- #60-REPLY in Support by PRESS COALITION as to ANTHONY PUMA re 57 MOTION to Access Video Exhibits
- #63-ERRATA by USA as to ANTHONY PUMA re  Sentencing Memorandum
- #64-ORDER as to ANTHONY PUMA granting the Press Coalition  Application for Access to Video Exhibits
In the news
- Coming soon