Capitol surveillance and social media posts confirm he attended the event on Jan. 6th. He is seen on police body camera shouting at officers from across a fence. He allegedly climbed scaffolding.
After leaving the Capitol through a tunnel, he squirted water at a police officer. Antonio engaged in several conversations with police, saying “this isn’t against you personally. This is against our country.” He explains to one how the weapon he wore is one Nancy Pelosi wants to ban.
Antonio returned to the crowd and suggested they remain peaceful and “work with” police. He enters the Capitol through a broken window, where he was apprehended. Antonio tells a reporter afterwards that that if he made it further, he would tell officials “We the People want to be heard.”
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Anthony
- Last Name(s): Antonio
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-497
- Arrest Location: Wilmington, DE
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 08/11/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/02/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Anthony Antonio's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting Destruction of Government Property
Antonio was arrested and had his initial court appearance on 4/20/21. He waived his preliminary hearing on the record for both Delaware and DC. Antonio remains released on bail. During an arraignment on 8/8, he pleaded not guilty to counts 1-5. Status conference set for 10/6 at 10 30 am.
Kimberley Charlene Nielsen, US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, Homicide Section, 555 4th St, NW, Washington, DC 20532-202 252 7418, [email protected] ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: U.S. Assistant Attorney
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #4-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 4.20.2021 in Wilmington, DE as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #8-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO from US District Court for the District of Delaware Case Number 21-137- M
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release- Defendant ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO placed on Personal Recognizance Bond
- #10-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Joseph A. Hurley appearing for ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- Docket Download-6.8.21
- #11-INDICTMENT as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #14-ORDER as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO.
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Robert Lee Jenkins, Jr appearing for ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #17-NOTICE and Memorandum of Discovery Status by USA as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #18-NOTICE of Discovery Update by USA as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- Updates to Docket-10.2.21
In the news
- Coming soon