Capitol surveillance and social media posts confirm he attended the event on Jan. 6th. He is seen on police body camera shouting at officers from across a fence. He allegedly climbed scaffolding.
After leaving the Capitol through a tunnel, he squirted water at a police officer. Antonio engaged in several conversations with police, saying “this isn’t against you personally. This is against our country.” He explains to one how the weapon he wore is one Nancy Pelosi wants to ban.
Antonio returned to the crowd and suggested they remain peaceful and “work with” police. He enters the Capitol through a broken window, where he was apprehended. Antonio tells a reporter afterwards that that if he made it further, he would tell officials “We the People want to be heard.”
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Anthony
- Last Name(s): Antonio
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-497
- Arrest Location: Wilmington, DE
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Judge: Amy Berman Jackson
- Entry Last Updated: 03/18/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/07/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Anthony Antonio's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority (1) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds (2) Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder (3) Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting (4) Destruction of Government Property (5)
Antonio was arrested and had his initial court appearance on 4/20/21. He was released on personal recognizance on 5/6/21. He waived his preliminary hearing on the record for both Delaware and DC. During an arraignment on 8/8/21, he pleaded not guilty to counts 1-5. On 12/22/2021, he entered another plea of not guilty to all counts. In response to the Minute Order dated November 18, 2022 [parties must submit a joint notice by Monday, November 28, 2022, informing the Court of whether the parties would both be available to try this case on ANY of the following dates: February 13, 2023; June 13, 2023; or July 31, 2023], both parties notified the court that they are available to try this case in July 2023, or August 2023. Antonio remains on personal recognizance.
Kimberley Charlene Nielsen, US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, Homicide Section, 555 4th St, NW, Washington, DC 20532-202 252 7418, [email protected] ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: U.S. Assistant Attorney
Assistant United States Attorney Massachusetts Bar No. 670370 [email protected] Phone-(617) 748-3100
Anthony Alexander Antonio's Mailing Address
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Anthony Alexander Antonio Docket Sheet as of 04/07/2022
- Docket Download-6.8.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 4.20.2021 in Wilmington, DE as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #8-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO from US District Court for the District of Delaware Case Number 21-137- M
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release- Defendant ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO placed on Personal Recognizance Bond
- #10-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Joseph A. Hurley appearing for ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- Docket Download-6.8.21
- #11-INDICTMENT as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #14-ORDER as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO.
- #16-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Robert Lee Jenkins, Jr appearing for ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #17-NOTICE and Memorandum of Discovery Status by USA as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #18-NOTICE of Discovery Update by USA as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #20-Unopposed Motion
- #21-Joint Motion
- #22-Protective Order
- #24-Notice of Discovery
- #26-Superseding Indictment
- #28-Notice of Discovery Update
- #30-Joint Motion to Continue and Exclude Time
- #32-Notice of Discovery Update
- #34 MOTION Authorization to Submit Interim Vouchers by ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO.
- #36 Joint MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time under the STA by USA as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #39 Joint MOTION to Exclude Time Under Speedy Trial Act, Joint MOTION to Continue by USA as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO.
- #41 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Craig Estes appearing for USA.
- #42 NOTICE (Joint) Responding to Minute Order dated Nov. 18, 2022 by USA as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #43-MOTION to Change Venue by ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #44-MOTION to Dismiss Count 2 by ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #45-Amended MOTION to Dismiss Count 2 by ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
- #46-RESPONSE by USA as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO re 43 MOTION to Change Venue
- #47-RESPONSE by USA as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO re 45 Amended MOTION to Dismiss Count 2
- #48-SCHEDULING ORDER as to ANTHONY ALEXANDER ANTONIO
In the news
- Coming soon