Video footage on YouTube and Archive.com reveled Morgan was present at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. He told police he attended as a civil rights auditor and independent journalist. Morgan told police he was deeply concerned about government corruption and crimes against children.
While Morgan was yelling in the video and encouraging other protesters to continue moving forward, there is no documentation that he physically harmed anyone.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Andrew Jackson
- Last Name(s): Morgan Jr.
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-313
- Arrest Location: Austin, TX
- Judge: Timothy Kelly
- Entry Last Updated: 04/08/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/06/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Andrew Jackson Morgan Jr.'s legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds Obstruction of and Official Proceeding
Morgan self-surrendered to Austin agents on 4/6/21 2021 and appeared in court the same day. He pleaded not guilty to counts 1-4 and was released on personal recognizance. His next status conference takes place on 5/4/22 at 10:00 a.m.
James Dennis Peterson
James Dennis Peterson DOJ-CRM-1331 F STREET, 6th FLR Washington, DC 20503 202 230 0693 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
None-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Andrew Jackson Morgan Jr Docket Sheet as of 04/06/2022
- Docket Download-7.28.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 4.6.2021 in Austin, Texas as to ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR.
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #8-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #9-INDICTMENT as to ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #13-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #14-Consent MOTION for Protective Order by Government by USA as to ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #15-Consent MOTION for Speedy Trial by Government by USA as to ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #16-PROTECTIVE ORDER as to ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #17-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by Jose A. German. by ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #18-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-John Phillip Calhoun appearing for ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #19-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by Michael M. Neal. by ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #20-NOTICE of Proposed Order by ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #22-NOTICE Memo re Status of Discovery by USA as to ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #23-Consent MOTION to Continue and Toll STA by USA as to ANDREW JACKSON MORGAN, JR
- #25-Second Status Report
- #26-Third Status Report
- #27-Consent Motion to Continue and Toll
- #30-Supplemental Status Report
- #31-Consent Motion to Continue
- #34-Notice of Attorney Appearance
- #35-Consent Motion to Continue
- #36-Supplemental Status Report
In the news
- Coming soon