Personal videos show Bennett at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. There is no documentation showing he engaged in violent activities.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Andrew
- Last Name(s): Bennett
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-227
- Arrest Location: Washington, DC
- Judge: James Boasberg
- Entry Last Updated: 11/19/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/06/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Andrew Bennett's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building. (4)
Arrested 1/26/2021 in the District of Columbia. Initial appearance held on 1/26/21 and was placed on personal recognizance bond. Charged via criminal information 3/17/21 and arraigned 3/26 where he pleaded not guilty to counts 1-4. On 7/22/21, he plead guilty to count 4. During his sentencing on 10/1/21, he received 24 months probation, a $10 special assessment, and $500 restitution on count 4. Remaining counts were dismissed on oral motion by the government.
Seth Meinero DOJ-USAO 555 Fourth St, NW, Washington, DC 20904 202 252 5847 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED, Designation: US Assistant Attorney
NA-Released on probation.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Andrew Bennett Docket Sheet as of 04/06/2022
- #1-COMPLAINT as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #4-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-Carlos J. Vanegas appearing for ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #5-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond -Defendant ANDREW RYAN BENNETT placed on Personal Recognizance Bond
- #6-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 1.26.2021 as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT.
- #7-MOTION to Continue and to Exclude Time under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT.
- #8-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Correspondence by USA as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #9-INFORMATION as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Seth Adam Meinero appearing for USA
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #15-ORDER granting 14 Motion for Protective Order as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #16-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Rule 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #17-ORDER granting 16 Motion for Disclosure as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #20-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #21-PLEA AGREEMENT as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #22-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #24-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #28-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by ANDREW RYAN BENNETT
- #29-Judgment as to Andrew Bennett
- #32 ORDER granting #31 Probation Petition as to ANDREW RYAN BENNETT (1). Signed by Judge James E. Boasberg on 5/10/2022.
In the news
- Coming soon