Harris is inside the Capitol taking a photo next to the Gerald Ford statue. Other than that, there is no written or video evidence showing his activities or that he was engaged in any violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Richard
- Last Name(s): Harris
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-00189
- Arrest Location: Hollywood, FL
- Judge: Carl Nichols
- Entry Last Updated: 08/15/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 09/24/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Richard Harris's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assaulting, Resisting or Impeding Certain Officers (1) Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (3) Disorderly and Distruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (4) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (5)
Harris was arrested 3/26/21 and held without bond. During his arraignment and initial appearance in DC court on 5/3/21, Harris plead not guilty to all charges. On 6/2/21, he was released on personal recognizance. Status Conference reset for 8/24/2022 at 10:00 AM in Telephonic/VTC before Judge Carl J. Nichols.
Nihar Ranjan Mohanty US's ATTORNEYS OFFICE FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Violent Crime and Narcotics Trafficking Section 555 4th St, NW, Room 4120, Washington, DC 20530- 202 252 7700- FAX 202 514 8707, [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Released on home detention. Federal Bureau of Prisons number is 13528-097
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-7.8.21
- #1-SEALED INDICTMENT as to RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to RICHARD L. HARRI
- #5-MOTION to Unseal Case by USA as to RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Kristy Militello appearing for RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE- Eric Martin Cohen appearing for RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #9-MOTION for Bond Defendant's Motion for Bond Review by RICHARD L. HARRIS.
- #10-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #11-ORDER granting 10 Motion for Protective Order as to RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #12-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to RICHARD L. HARRIS re 9 MOTION for Bond Defendant's Motion for Bond Review
- #15-MOTION to Accept Affidavit in Lieu of Lien by RICHARD L. HARRIS.
- #16-Arrest Warrant, dated 3.5.2021, returned executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 5.3.2021 as to Defendant RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #17-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to RICHARD L. HARRIS Personal Recognizance with Location Monitoring
- #19-MOTION for Bond Defendant's Motion for Bond Review by RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #20-Unopposed MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #22-NOTICE Of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status Of Discovery As Of November 5, 2021 by USA as to RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #23-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #26-PROPOSED BRIEFING SCHEDULE by RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #27-MOTION to Strike by RICHARD L. HARRIS_
- #28-NOTICE of Compliance by RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #29-SCHEDULING ORDER
- #30-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Jason Manning appearing for USA
- #31-Unopposed MOTION for Extension of Time to for Extension of Motion Deadline by RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #32-MOTION to Dismiss Count Defendant's Motion to Dismiss Counts One and Two of the Indictment by RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #33-Unopposed MOTION to Modify Pretrial Release by RICHARD L. HARRIS_
- #34-ORDER as to RICHARD L. HARRIS
- #35 SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to RICHARD L. HARRIS (1) count(s) 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s.
In the news
- Coming soon