Chan entered the building and remained inside for about 30 minutes, taking pictures from his cell phone. There is no evidence he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Mick
- Last Name(s): Chan
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-668
- Arrest Location: Newark, NJ
- Judge: Trevor McFadden
- Entry Last Updated: 07/23/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 11/22/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Mick Chan's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) TEMPORARY RESIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) VIOLENT ENTRY AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT ON CAPITOL GROUNDS; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Chan was arrested on 9/21/21 and initially appeared in court on 9/28. His last status conference took place on 6/27/22. The next status conference is 8/24 at 2pm virtually. The jury trial for Mr. Chan begins on 1/23/23 at 9am in Courtroom 2, DC District Court.
Matthew Moeder DOJ-USAO 400 E. 9th Street Suite 5510 Kansas City, MO 64106 816-426-3122 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Docket Download-11.22.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to MICK CHAN
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to MICK CHAN
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to MICK CHAN
- #5-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 9.21.2021 as to MICK CHAN
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to MICK CHAN
- #8-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Moeder, Matthew added
- #9-INFORMATION as to MICK CHAN
- #11-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Governing Discovery by USA as to MICK CHAN
- #12-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #14-ORDER as to MICK CHAN granting the Government
- #15-NOTICE of United States' Memoranda Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to MICK CHAN
- #16-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to MICK CHAN
- #17-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to MICK CHAN
- #19-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #20-Joint MOTION to Continue Plea Agreement Hearing by USA as to MICK CHAN
- #22-Joint MOTION to Continue Plea Agreement Hearing by USA as to MICK CHAN
- #23-ORDER as to MICK CHAN
In the news
- Coming soon