Macrae entered the Capitol and walked through the building, filming and posting what he saw. He walked up the stairs and caught word that Ashli Babbitt had been killed, then left.
It doesn’t appear Macrae engaged in any violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Douglas
- Last Name(s): Macrae
- Case Number: 22-cr-00181
- Arrest Location: Arlington, VA
- Judge: James Boasberg
- Entry Last Updated: 12/19/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/15/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Douglas Macrae's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in any of the Capitol Buildings (4)
Macrae was arrested on 5/16/22 and appeared in court on 5/24. He was released on personal recognizance. On 6/17, he plead not guilty to all charges. On 7/19, he plead guilty to count 4. Sentencing held on 10/21/2022, sentenced to 12 months Probation, a $10 Special Assessment, and $500 in Restitution. Oral motion by the Government to "dismiss the remaining counts" was heard and granted.
Ashley Akers DOJ 1100 L Street, NW Washington, DC 20005 202 353 0527 [email protected]
- Macrae Complaint
- Macrae Statement of Facts
- INFORMATION as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 5_12_2022, Returned Executed on 5_16_2022 as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #6-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE from United States District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- #8-INFORMATION as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Rule 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #15-ORDER granting and entering  Motion for Protective Order as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #18-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Nathaniel C Wenstrup appearing for DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #19-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #20-PLEA AGREEMENT as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #21-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #22 Unopposed MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE.
- #24 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #24 a) Table
- #27 LETTER by DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE. "Leave to file GRANTED". Signed by Judge James E. Boasberg on 10/13/2022.
- #28 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE
- #28 a) Exhibit 1
- #30 RESPONSE by DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE re  Sentencing Memorandum
- #30 a) Exhibit 1
- #32 JUDGMENT as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE. Statement of Reasons Not Included. Signed by Judge James E. Boasberg on 10/25/2022
- #35 Probation Jurisdiction Transferred to United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia as to DOUGLAS FARQUHAR MACRAE Transmitted Transfer of Jurisdiction form, with certified copies of indictment, judgment and docket sheet. Ordered by Judge James E. Boasberg on 10/21/2022.
In the news
- Coming soon