Sulenta posted on Facebook he was attending the Stop the Steal rally. He posted to his account as the events of that day unfolded.
He allegedly remained in the building for 47 minutes. This time could be contributed to the pressing of bodies inside the hallway, which he mentions in his account. He appears to act peacefully inside, talking on a cell phone and taking pictures.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Derek
- Last Name(s): Sulenta
- Case Number: 22-cr-00340
- Arrest Location: Long Beach, CA
- Judge: Robin M. Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 10/26/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Derek Sulenta's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing inside a Capitol Buiding
Sulenta was arrested on 8/4/22 and appeared in court on 8/18. He was released on personal recognizance. Indicted 10/14. The next status conference takes place on 11/8 at 1pm virtually.
JOSEPH HUYNH Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia 601 D Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20530
- Sulenta Complaint
- Sulenta Statement of Facts
- INFORMATION as to DEREK SULENTA
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 6_6_2022, Returned Executed on 8_4_2022 as to DEREK SULENTA
- #7-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE_ Kelley Lane Munoz appearing for DEREK SULENTA
- #8-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DEREK SULENTA
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DEREK SULENTA
- #11-DEFENDANT'S CONSENT TO PROTECTIVE ORDER by DEREK SULENTA re  Protective Order
In the news
- Coming soon