Video surveillance shows Jancart walking through the hallways of the Capitol. It doesn’t appear that he engaged in violence at the event.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Derek
- Last Name(s): Jancart
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-148
- Arrest Location: Canal Winchester, OH
- Judge: James Boasberg
- Entry Last Updated: 04/20/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/20/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Derek Jancart's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Jancart was arrested on 2/23/21. Conditions of release were set on 03/01/21. On 07/23/21, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in a Capitol building (Count 3). Sentencing set for 9/29/21 at 11 30 am. He was sentenced to 45 days in prison, as well as $500 in restitution and a special assessment of $10. Oral motion by the Government to dismiss the remaining counts heard and granted.
Leslie A. Goemaat US ATTORNEY'S OFFICE 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 803 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY-ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED-Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Derek Jancart-31138-509 FMC Lexington Federal Medical Center PO BOX 14500 Lexington, KY 40512
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
Information on Writing/Encouragement
Jancart returns home from prison on 1/13/22.
- Derek Jancart Docket Sheet as of 04/20/22
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DEREK JANCART
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DEREK JANCART
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DEREK JANCART
- #5-INFORMATION as to DEREK JANCART
- #7-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to DEREK JANCART (1) Personal Recognizance
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE-A. Eduardo Balarezo appearing for DEREK JANCART
- #9-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DEREK JANCART
- #10-ORDER granting 9 Motion for Protective Order as to DEREK JANCART
- #11-NOTICE of Filing (First Informal Discovery Letter) by USA as to DEREK JANCART
- #12-NOTICE OF FILING-FIRST REQUEST FOR DISCOVERY by DEREK JANCART
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Order to Disclose 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to DEREK JANCART
- #15-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 2.23.2021 as to DEREK JANCART
- #16-NOTICE of Preliminary Discovery Volume 2 by USA as to DEREK JANCART
- #19-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to DEREK JANCART
- #20-PLEA AGREEMENT as to DEREK JANCART
- #21-STATEMENT OF OFFENSE by USA as to DEREK JANCART
- #25-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to DEREK JANCART
- #26-NOTICE of Filing of Video Exhibit by USA as to DEREK JANCART
- #27-NOTICE of Filing of Memoranda Regarding Status of Capitol Breach Discovery by USA as to DEREK JANCART
- #28-NOTICE of Filing of Discovery Letter by USA as to DEREK JANCART
- #29-SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by DEREK JANCART
- #33-JUDGMENT as to DEREK JANCART
- #34-STATEMENT OF REASONS as to DEREK JANCART
In the news
- Coming soon