Derek Gunby was at the Capitol to attend the Stop the Steal rally. He says he walked into the Capitol with the crowd and that he thought it was okay because police weren’t stopping him. There is no evidence he acted violently.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Derek
- Last Name(s): Gunby
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-508
- Arrest Location: Anderson, SC
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 08/10/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 10/07/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Derek Gunby's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds, Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds, Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building.
Derek Gunby was arrested on 8/12 and appeared in court on 8/18. His next hearing is set for 10/18.
Christopher Amore DOJ-USAO District of New Jersey 970 Broad Street Ste 700 Newark, NJ 07102 973-645-2757 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY.
- #13-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY
- Docket Download-10.6.21
In the news
- Coming soon