Derek Gunby was at the Capitol to attend the Stop the Steal rally. He says he walked into the Capitol with the crowd and that he thought it was okay because police weren’t stopping him. There is no evidence he acted violently.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Derek
- Last Name(s): Gunby
- Case Number: 1:21-cr4-626
- Arrest Location: Anderson, SC
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Judge: Paul Friedman
- Entry Last Updated: 04/20/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/20/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Derek Gunby: Click here to help cover Derek's legal and living expenses
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds, (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds, (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building. (4)
Derek Gunby was arrested on 8/12/21 and first appeared in court on 8/18/21. On 08/18/21, he was released on personal recognizance bond. On 10/28/21, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. Status conference was on 04/19/21.
Christopher Amore DOJ-USAO District of New Jersey 970 Broad Street Ste 700 Newark, NJ 07102 973-645-2757 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Derek Gunby Docket Sheet as of 04/20/22
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY
- #8-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY.
- #13-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY
- #14-INFORMATION as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY
- #18-MOTION to Travel by DEREK COOPER GUNBY.
- #19-NOTICE of Filing of Discovery Status Memos by USA as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY
- #20-ORDER as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY
- #21-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery as of November 5, 2021 by USA as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY
- #22-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Items Protected by Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY_
- #25-STATUS REPORT Regarding Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to DEREK COOPER GUNBY
- #26-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #27-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by Lora Blanchard. by DEREK COOPER GUNBY_
In the news
- Coming soon