Martin spoke with the media and stated people were pulled into the crowd and couldn’t move. He said “inciters” other than Trump supporters were there. He decided not to enter further into the building because he felt uncomfortable with these factors.
Martin and police allegedly got into a scuffle by the doors as police were trying to stop people from going in. “I was trying to negotiate with both sides to de-escalate the issue,” Martin said.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Benjamin
- Last Name(s): Martin
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-562
- Arrest Location: Madera, CA
- Judge: G Michael Harvey
- Judge: Rudolph Contreras
- Entry Last Updated: 04/12/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/11/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Benjamin Martin's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building Parading, Demonstrating or Picketing in a Capitol Building Obstructing Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder Obstructing or Impeding an Official Proceeding
Martin was arrested on 9/2/21. On 9/14, he pleaded not guilty to all counts. The next status hearing is set for 11/5. (04/07/2022) Next Status Conference is set for 7/11/2022 at 2:00 PM before Judge Rudolph Contreras. Remains on Personal Recognizance.
Alison Prout DOJ-USAO Northern District of Georgia Richard B. Russell Federal Building 75 Ted Turner Drive, SW Atlanta, GA 30303 404-581-6105 Email: [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: Assistant U.S. Attorney
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Benjamin Martin Docket Sheet as of 04/11/2022
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to BENJAMIN MARTIN
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to BENJAMIN MARTIN.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to BENJAMIN MARTIN
- #5-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to BENJAMIN MARTIN
- Docket Download-10.7.21
- #5-INDICTMENT as to BENJAMIN MARTIN
- #9-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to BENJAMIN MARTIN
- #10-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Letter by USA as to BENJAMIN MARTIN
- #11-NOTICE of Filing Discovery Status Memoranda by USA as to BENJAMIN MARTIN
- #12-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Federal Rule of Evidence 6(e) Material and Sealed Material by USA as to BENJAMIN MARTIN
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to BENJAMIN MARTIN
- #14-ORDER granting 12 Motion for Disclosure Federal Rule of Evidence 6(e) Material to defendant BENJAMIN MARTIN
- #15-PROTECTIVE ORDER
- #16-ORDER MODIFYING CONDITIONS OF RELEASE as to BENJAMIN MARTIN
- #17- STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery as of October 21, 2021 by USA as to BENJAMIN MARTIN
- #18- NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #19-NOTICE OF LODGING PROTECTIVE ORDER ATTACHMENT
- #20- STATUS REPORT Regarding Status of Discovery
- #22-Superseding Indictment
- #24-NOTICE of United States' Memorandum Regarding Status of Discovery
- #26-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
In the news
- Coming soon