Torre admitted that he entered the U.S. Capitol by climbing through a broken window. He stated the window had already been broken. According to Torre, officers “helped us in Capitol”, and they did not try to stop them from coming in nor did they make them leave. According to his Statement of Facts, he remained peaceful inside the Capitol and while trying to exit out of the same broken window he entered through, a Capitol Police officer advised going out the door to avoid injury.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Benjamin Henry
- Last Name(s): Torre
- Case Number: 1:21-cr-143
- Arrest Location: Dawsonville, GA
- Judge: Zia M. Faruqui
- Entry Last Updated: 07/26/2021
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/17/2021
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Benjamin Henry Torre's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Entering and Remaining in Certain Rooms in the Capitol Building; Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building; Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Arrested 2/9/21 and made his initial appearance the same day. Charged via information on 2/22 and arraigned 3/3 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts. Defendant remains on personal recognizance and has status conference set for 8/20/21 at 9:30 am.
Kimberly C. Nielsen Assistant United States Attorney N.Y. Bar No. 4034138 555 4th Street, N.W., Room 9913 Washington, D.C. 20530 Phone: 202-252-7418
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to BENJAMIN HENRY TOR
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to BENJAMIN HENRY TORRE
- #5-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to BENJAMIN HENRY TORRE
- #10-NOTICE of Errata by USA as to BENJAMIN HENRY TORRE
- #12-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to BENJAMIN HENRY TORRE
- #13-Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 3.3.2021 as to BENJAMIN HENRY TORRE
- #15-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #16-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to BENJAMIN HENRY TORRE
- #17-Joint MOTION to Continue and Exclude Time Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to BENJAMIN HENRY TORRE
- #18-ORDER granting 16 the Government's Unopposed Motion for Protective Order as to BENJAMIN HENRY TORRE
- #21-NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPEARANCE of Jacob Steiner by USA as to BENJAMIN HENRY TORRE
- #22-OTICE and Memorandum of Discovery Status by USA as to BENJAMIN HENRY TORRE
- #23-NOTICE of Discovery Update by USA as to BENJAMIN HENRY TORRE
- Docket Download-8.4.21
- Updates to Docket-10.14.21
In the news