Burlew allegedly assaulted a member of the Associated Press.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Benjamin
- Last Name(s): Burlew
- Case Number: 1:21-mj-501
- Arrest Location: Wyandotte, OK
- Judge: G. Michael Harvey
- Entry Last Updated: 01/31/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/11/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support Benjamin Burlew: Click here to help cover Benjamin's legal and living expenses
Civil Disorder (1) Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds (6) Striking, Beating, and Wounding within the Territorial Jurisdiction of the United States (7) Simple Assault within the Territorial Jurisdiction of the United States (8)
Burlew was arrested on 8/26/21. He was released on personal recognizance on 08/26/2021. (10/27/2021) Case closed for defendant Benjamin Burlew. NEW CASE #21-cr-00647: Arraignment held on 03/25/2022, -plea of not guilty entered on counts 1s-8s. Jury Trial set for 12/4/2023, at 9:00 AM, in Courtroom 8, before Judge Randolph D. Moss.
Jennifer Leigh Blackwell
Jennifer Leigh Blackwell US ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE, DC, 555 Fourth Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530 202 803 1590 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY, ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Jason M. Crawford
Trial Attorney- Detailee DC Bar No. 1015493 Phone- (202)-598-1099 [email protected]
NA-Released on personal recognizance.
Please note: Prisoner mail is reviewed by guards. Please keep messages of encouragement to a general and/or religious nature. For example, do not mention the events of Jan. 6th or other current events under criminal investigation.
- Benjamin Scott Burlew NEW CASE #21-cr-00647 Docket Sheet as of 04/11/2022
- Benjamin Scott Burlew CLOSED CASE #21-mj-00501 Docket Sheet as of 04/11/2022
- Docket Download-10.6.21
- #1-SEALED COMPLAINT as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW
- #3-MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW.
- #4-ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 6.25.2021, Returned Executed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on 8.26.202
- #6-ORDER Setting Conditions of Bond
- #7- Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW
- #9-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW
- #10-Protective Order
- #11-Notice of Discovery Filing
- #12- NOTICE of Discovery Status as of November 5, 2021 by USA as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW
- #13- Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure of Materials Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e)
- #15-Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received
- #16- Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW
- #17-NOTICE of Status of Discovery as of February 9, 2022 by USA as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW
- #18-SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW
- #21- NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #22 NOTICE OF JOINT STATUS REPORT by USA as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW
- #23 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Huynh, Joseph Hong added.
- #24 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Crawford, Jason M. added.
- #25 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA. Attorney Blackwell, Jennifer Leigh added.
- #26 MOTION for Order of Competency to Stand Trial by BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW.
- #27 RESPONSE by USA as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW re  MOTION for Order of Competency to Stand Trial
- #29 Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW
- #29 a) Text of Proposed Order for Vacating Trial Schedule
- #29 b) Text of Proposed Order for Forensic Evaluations
- #29 c) Text of Proposed Order for Release of Records
- #30 ORDER as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW: Upon consideration of the parties' joint status report, Dkt. , it is hereby ORDERED that (1) Mr. Burlew shall be evaluated by Dr. Shawn Roberson, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 4241(b), for the purposes of evaluating Mr. Burlew's competency; (2) a report shall be made to this Court and the parties, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 4247(c), as to whether Mr. Burlew is presently mentally competent to understand the nature and consequences of the proceedings against him and to assist in the preparation of his defense; (3) if Mr. Burlew is found to be competent, he shall undergo a further assessment by Dr. Roberson, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 4242; and (4) after such assessment, Dr. Roberson shall include his opinion as to whether, at the time of the acts constituting the offense, Mr. Burlew was unable to appreciate the nature and quality or the wrongfulness of his acts as a result of severe mental disease or defect. See document for details. Signed by Judge Randolph D. Moss on 09/21/2022.
- #31 ORDER as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW: Upon consideration of the parties' joint status report, Dkt. , it is hereby ORDERED that the entities and individuals identified in the attached Order shall release any medical and mental health records they may have regarding Defendant Benjamen S. Burlew to Dr. Shawn Roberson, P.O. Box 31075, Edmond, OK 73003. See document for details. Signed by Judge Randolph D. Moss on 09/21/2022.
- #33 Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to BENJAMEN SCOTT BURLEW
In the news
- Coming soon