A tipster contacted the FBI alleging that Lucas Denney was at the Capitol. He and Donald Hazard allegedly belonged to a Facebook Group called “Patriot Boys” that discussed the events of Jan. 6th.
Lucas, Hazard, and others shouted and chanted with others outside the crowd. Denney is accused of shoving a police officer.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Lucas
- Last Name(s): Denney
- Case Number: 22-cr-070
- Judge: Randolph Moss
- Entry Last Updated: 04/19/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 04/16/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: Yes
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Lucas Denney's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (1) Civil Disorder (2) Obstruction of an Official Proceeding (3) Conspiracy to Obstruct an Official Proceeding (4) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (5) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (6) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon (7) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Building (8)
Lucas Denney was arrested on 12/7/21. He was indicted on 3/7. That same day, he plead guilty to count 1. Sentencing takes place on 7/21/22 at 1pm in Courtroom 8, DC District Court. He remains detained, although motions were submitted urging his release pre-sentencing.
Jennifer Rozzoni DOJ-USAO Lrm- Lee, Edmund PO BOX 607 Albuquerque, NM 87102 505 224 1460 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED Designation: US Assistant Attorney
Benet Kearney DOJ-USAO One St. Andrew's Plaza NY, NY 10007 212 637 2260 [email protected] LEAD ATTORNEY ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED DESIGNATION: US Assistant Attorney
- Docket Download-4.16.22
- #1-Criminal Complaint
- #25-INDICTMENT as to LUCAS DENNEY
- #27-RESPONSE by USA as to LUCAS DENNEY
- #28-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #29- SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by LUCAS DENNEY
- #31-NOTICE of Sentencing Guidelines Estimate by USA as to LUCAS DENNEY
- #32- WITHDRAWAL of Motion by LUCAS DENNEY
- #33-NOTICE of Information in Preparation for March 17, 2022 Plea Hearing by USA as to LUCAS DENNEY
- #34-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to LUCAS DENNEY
- #36-PROTECTIVE ORDER to LUCAS DENNEY
- #37-NOTICE of Related Cases by USA as to LUCAS DENNEY
- #39-Notice of Withdrawal of Appearance by John Pierce. by LUCAS DENNEY
- #41-Joint MOTION to Continue Sentencing by LUCAS DENNEY
- #42-MOTION for Release from Custody Pending Sentencing by LUCAS DENNEY
- #43-RESPONSE by USA as to LUCAS DENNEY
- #44-REPLY TO OPPOSITION to Motion by LUCAS DENNEY re  MOTION for Release from Custody Pending Sentencing
In the news
- Coming soon